Truck slams into crowd at Bastille Day Celebrations- Terror attack likely

It was your list.

Edit: A few which either don’t have much, or indeed any, web presence, btw.

You forgot the People Complain About Hashtags on the Web, seemingly without irony, part.

It’s a fine point. I’m not sure it’s worth making three times.

I am not sure posting that huge list is all that helpful. I work with Muslims and these guys are all good and condemn this crap, it breaks theirs hearts to see this. They also acknowledge that there is a huge problem with this in the world and that many terrorists are travelling to the West to cause issues.

I personally think that for the most part most Aussie Muslims want to have a serious discussion about this iussue, their problem though is that these discussions are hijacked by the extreme right who simply turn it into a chant to deport all Muslims and it becomes a racist issue and then the left side of Islam comes out posting silly crap about the racist things they face and chant racist in our faces.

Posting that crap just adds to that problem. Discussing Islam doesn’t have to resort to the usual bigoted, racist statements to address a real issue.

I don’t think it was meant to to help.

See, you let yourself down again with "one". Its not just one. Never has been. Unless you are refering to "fear" as the ideology.

But yes, there is most certainly a massive problem with elements within Islam.

There is only one religion with Jihad and Sharia law as their doctrine, who preaches death over life, celebrates suicide bombers and terrorist killings, and indoctrinates their youth to kill.

Obviously there are extremists in all walks of life, but nowhere near the scale and fervour that exists within Islam. That argument is too often used to downplay the very real threat that Islam presents to our Western values and freedoms.

Apologists and people on the left who aren’t willing to acknowledge the truth at the expense of having to confront the fact that multiculturalism and immigration doesn’t always work, are having to constantly find ways to diminish the extent of the problem by using ridiculous arguments like “what about the crusades?” or “how about that Westboro church?”. It would be funny if it weren’t so sad.

So what’s your solution then?

I’m more interested in the ‘very real threat Islam presents to our Western freedoms and values.’
I’ve heard it before.
It wasn’t expanded on then, either.

Obama condemned the attackes.

Do he need to though? Is there anyone out there going “I bet Obama loves this”.

Considering the country Obama lives in, probably

Another false flag. Wake up sheeple.

I am not sure posting that huge list is all that helpful. I work with Muslims and these guys are all good and condemn this crap, it breaks theirs hearts to see this. They also acknowledge that there is a huge problem with this in the world and that many terrorists are travelling to the West to cause issues.

I personally think that for the most part most Aussie Muslims want to have a serious discussion about this iussue, their problem though is that these discussions are hijacked by the extreme right who simply turn it into a chant to deport all Muslims and it becomes a racist issue and then the left side of Islam comes out posting silly crap about the racist things they face and chant racist in our faces.

Posting that crap just adds to that problem. Discussing Islam doesn’t have to resort to the usual bigoted, racist statements to address a real issue.

That to me is interesting. In my all years I working in large organisations I can honestly say I rarely if ever knew the religion of anyone I worked with. It only ever come up if you were invited to a wedding or a bar mitzvah or some other celebration.
Religion was never discussed.

Why has it now become such an issue in a supposedly secular country such as this one that people are discussing what religion they follow?
To me that says our society has changed substantially.

My father would cross the street in his country town to avoid trouble from people of a very slightly different religion to his own.

Obama condemned the attackes.

Do he need to though? Is there anyone out there going “I bet Obama loves this”.

Having read Youtube comments before, I am confident in saying, “yes, millions”
Yes, well I can just imagine the outrage that is going to be expressed in all of the below publications.

Aaila Magazine
Muslim family magazine.

AlJumuah
Islamic monthly Magazine. The purpose of the magazine is to satisfy a longstanding need to learn about Islam by non-Arabic speaking Muslims around the world.

Al Islam
The official website of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community.

Al-Khilafa
Daily news and comment from the site affiliated with Hizb ut-Tahrir Islamic Party.

Al-Tawhid
Journal of Islamic thought and culture.

American Muslim 360
Writen news and radio channel about Islam and being Muslim in America.

Azizah
Magazine “that reflects the experiences and perspectives of Muslim women living in North American society”.

Crescent
International news magazine of the Islamic movement that is affiliated with the Institute of Contemporary Islamic Thought.

Daily Muslims
Muslim America’s first daily newspaper online.

Emel
Magazine focuses on lifestyle from a Muslim perspective, covering everything from news and views, fashion to finance, food to gardens, education to health and a whole section dedicated to the real life stories of day to day Muslims.

Euro-Islam.info
Website “intends to provide continuous information and analysis on the most important cultural and religious change that Western Europe is experiencing”.

Global Islamic Finance Magazine
Daily Islamic finance news, articlesa and interviews.

hajjGuides.com
Islamic news paper and guide on how to perform hajj & umrah for muslims.

hiba
Muslim lifestyle magazine.

Hizb ut-Tahrir Britain
Site of Islamic political party seeking to establish the Caliphate (Khilafah).

International Islamic News Agency (IINA)
News about the Muslim world, minorities and communities in various fields, including religion, education, culture, charity and dawa.

Islam Channel
Provides alternative news, current affairs and entertainment programming from an Islamic perspective. Based in London.

Islam City
Website about Islam and Muslims in text, audio and video.

Islam Online
Providing Islamic news, Islamic finance, fatwas, multimedia and Islamic articles.

Islam Tribune
Online magazine published in the United States of America, offering: world news and Muslims’ views.

Islamic Arts Magazine
Online magazine devoted to Islamic art.

Islamic Finance News
Based in Malaysia. Subscription required.

Islamic Horizons
Bi-monthly magazine of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA).

Islamic Human Rights Commission
Provides information about human rights abuses in Muslim countries and in the West.

Islamic Monthly, The
Independent, nonreligious, U.S. based publication that fosters discussion on a broad range of issues and concerns related to Muslims in the modern world.

Islamic Reporting Initiative (IRI)
Creating the world’s first mainstream reporting framework for corporate social responsibility based on Islamic principles and values.

Islamic Voice
A monthly magazine for Muslims on the Indian sub-continent. Includes news from the Islamic world, community roundup, editorial comment, articles.

Islamique Magazine
Muslim lifestyle magazine committed to publishing uplifting and enlightening material for Muslim community.

Islam21c
Online reference point dedicated to providing Islamic guidance and solutions to the problems/issues faced by western Muslims in the 21st century, according to the agreed upon principles of Ahl’assunnah wa’l-jama’ah. Based in UK.

Iviews.com
Interactive publication focusing upon providing news and commentary on issues and events of importance to Muslims.

Kavkaz Center
International news agency covering events in the Islamic world, Chechnya and Russia.

Message International
Bi-monthly mainstream Islamic magazine distributed throughout the United States. Features social and political coverage and commentary, scholarly work on Islam, as well as relevant happenings concerning Muslim Americans.

Muslim American
Aiming to help Muslims in America to become better informed and equipped to exercise their faith and embrace aspects of the sunnah.

MuslimahGirl Magazine
Online teenage magazine made especially for Muslim girls all around the world.

Muslim Journal
Weekly publications for Muslim Americans. Needs a subscription.

Muslimmatters.org
Website focused on issues of religion, society, ethics, sex education, politics, civil rights, family, as well as the random issues that pop up from now and then, all with some ranting and humor mixed in.

Muslim News
Monthly newspaper providing news and views of Muslims in the United Kingdom.

Muslim Press
News source covering issues related to Muslims worldwide.

Muslim Sunrise
A quarterly journal on the subject of Islamic Renaissance. Published in the USA.

Onislam
Independent resource for news, features, and fatwas about Islam and Muslims around the world.

Passion Islam
News site covering Islam issues in UK.

Renaissance
Monthly journal “promoting research and original thinking in the light of the original sources of Islam”.

Review of Religions
A monthly magazine published in London, UK focusing on religious topics and contemporary issues.

Revival, The
Online version of a UK magazine for Muslim youth. Includes articles, features, editorial comment, news, and a discussion forum.

The American Muslim (TAM)
Journal is dedicated to “the promotion of peace, justice, and reconciliation for all humanity”.

The Muslim Voice Magazine (TMV Mag)
Non-profit magazine published online and in print and run by students, for students.

Times of Ummah
Islam and Muslims related news from all aroud the world.

Sisters
Magazine for Muslim women, providing inspiration for an Islamic life from deen and tarbiyah to food and fashion.

Young Muslim Digest
Monthly magazine based in Karnataka, India.

Sorry, did anyone just hear a pin drop?

Do you read all of them?
Yes, well I can just imagine the outrage that is going to be expressed in all of the below publications.

Aaila Magazine
Muslim family magazine.

AlJumuah
Islamic monthly Magazine. The purpose of the magazine is to satisfy a longstanding need to learn about Islam by non-Arabic speaking Muslims around the world.

Al Islam
The official website of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community.

Al-Khilafa
Daily news and comment from the site affiliated with Hizb ut-Tahrir Islamic Party.

Al-Tawhid
Journal of Islamic thought and culture.

American Muslim 360
Writen news and radio channel about Islam and being Muslim in America.

Azizah
Magazine “that reflects the experiences and perspectives of Muslim women living in North American society”.

Crescent
International news magazine of the Islamic movement that is affiliated with the Institute of Contemporary Islamic Thought.

Daily Muslims
Muslim America’s first daily newspaper online.

Emel
Magazine focuses on lifestyle from a Muslim perspective, covering everything from news and views, fashion to finance, food to gardens, education to health and a whole section dedicated to the real life stories of day to day Muslims.

Euro-Islam.info
Website “intends to provide continuous information and analysis on the most important cultural and religious change that Western Europe is experiencing”.

Global Islamic Finance Magazine
Daily Islamic finance news, articlesa and interviews.

hajjGuides.com
Islamic news paper and guide on how to perform hajj & umrah for muslims.

hiba
Muslim lifestyle magazine.

Hizb ut-Tahrir Britain
Site of Islamic political party seeking to establish the Caliphate (Khilafah).

International Islamic News Agency (IINA)
News about the Muslim world, minorities and communities in various fields, including religion, education, culture, charity and dawa.

Islam Channel
Provides alternative news, current affairs and entertainment programming from an Islamic perspective. Based in London.

Islam City
Website about Islam and Muslims in text, audio and video.

Islam Online
Providing Islamic news, Islamic finance, fatwas, multimedia and Islamic articles.

Islam Tribune
Online magazine published in the United States of America, offering: world news and Muslims’ views.

Islamic Arts Magazine
Online magazine devoted to Islamic art.

Islamic Finance News
Based in Malaysia. Subscription required.

Islamic Horizons
Bi-monthly magazine of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA).

Islamic Human Rights Commission
Provides information about human rights abuses in Muslim countries and in the West.

Islamic Monthly, The
Independent, nonreligious, U.S. based publication that fosters discussion on a broad range of issues and concerns related to Muslims in the modern world.

Islamic Reporting Initiative (IRI)
Creating the world’s first mainstream reporting framework for corporate social responsibility based on Islamic principles and values.

Islamic Voice
A monthly magazine for Muslims on the Indian sub-continent. Includes news from the Islamic world, community roundup, editorial comment, articles.

Islamique Magazine
Muslim lifestyle magazine committed to publishing uplifting and enlightening material for Muslim community.

Islam21c
Online reference point dedicated to providing Islamic guidance and solutions to the problems/issues faced by western Muslims in the 21st century, according to the agreed upon principles of Ahl’assunnah wa’l-jama’ah. Based in UK.

Iviews.com
Interactive publication focusing upon providing news and commentary on issues and events of importance to Muslims.

Kavkaz Center
International news agency covering events in the Islamic world, Chechnya and Russia.

Message International
Bi-monthly mainstream Islamic magazine distributed throughout the United States. Features social and political coverage and commentary, scholarly work on Islam, as well as relevant happenings concerning Muslim Americans.

Muslim American
Aiming to help Muslims in America to become better informed and equipped to exercise their faith and embrace aspects of the sunnah.

MuslimahGirl Magazine
Online teenage magazine made especially for Muslim girls all around the world.

Muslim Journal
Weekly publications for Muslim Americans. Needs a subscription.

Muslimmatters.org
Website focused on issues of religion, society, ethics, sex education, politics, civil rights, family, as well as the random issues that pop up from now and then, all with some ranting and humor mixed in.

Muslim News
Monthly newspaper providing news and views of Muslims in the United Kingdom.

Muslim Press
News source covering issues related to Muslims worldwide.

Muslim Sunrise
A quarterly journal on the subject of Islamic Renaissance. Published in the USA.

Onislam
Independent resource for news, features, and fatwas about Islam and Muslims around the world.

Passion Islam
News site covering Islam issues in UK.

Renaissance
Monthly journal “promoting research and original thinking in the light of the original sources of Islam”.

Review of Religions
A monthly magazine published in London, UK focusing on religious topics and contemporary issues.

Revival, The
Online version of a UK magazine for Muslim youth. Includes articles, features, editorial comment, news, and a discussion forum.

The American Muslim (TAM)
Journal is dedicated to “the promotion of peace, justice, and reconciliation for all humanity”.

The Muslim Voice Magazine (TMV Mag)
Non-profit magazine published online and in print and run by students, for students.

Times of Ummah
Islam and Muslims related news from all aroud the world.

Sisters
Magazine for Muslim women, providing inspiration for an Islamic life from deen and tarbiyah to food and fashion.

Young Muslim Digest
Monthly magazine based in Karnataka, India.

Sorry, did anyone just hear a pin drop?

Do you read all of them?

Religiously.

Sorry.

http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/we-must-unite-to-defeat-isis/0020432

First one I looked at.

Mmm, an American publication. Interesting to know how far the authors arm was being twisted or what level of self preservation they place upon themselves.

Sarcastic - not.

Reportedly at 2010, there were 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. Roughly 23% of the worlds population.
What I am saying is, that if someone was killing innocent people in the name of something I believed in. I would be incensed and would express that outrage. I just don’t see the expected levels of outrage forthcoming from 23% of the worlds population.
Passive condoning maybe, but not the outrage.

Maybe it’s just because I don’t read Arabic or subscribe to The Islamic Times.

Have you spoken to all of them
I'm more interested in the 'very real threat Islam presents to our Western freedoms and values.' I've heard it before. It wasn't expanded on then, either.
Does it really require explanation?
See, you let yourself down again with "one". Its not just one. Never has been. Unless you are refering to "fear" as the ideology.

But yes, there is most certainly a massive problem with elements within Islam.

There is only one religion with Jihad and Sharia law as their doctrine, who preaches death over life, celebrates suicide bombers and terrorist killings, and indoctrinates their youth to kill.

Obviously there are extremists in all walks of life, but nowhere near the scale and fervour that exists within Islam. That argument is too often used to downplay the very real threat that Islam presents to our Western values and freedoms.

Apologists and people on the left who aren’t willing to acknowledge the truth at the expense of having to confront the fact that multiculturalism and immigration doesn’t always work, are having to constantly find ways to diminish the extent of the problem by using ridiculous arguments like “what about the crusades?” or “how about that Westboro church?”. It would be funny if it weren’t so sad.

So what’s your solution then?

I think first and foremost the solution needs to come from within Islam itself. The moderate element needs to be more vocal and demand change. They need to stop educating their children in hate, teach that violence towards women is not to be tolerated, to stop treating the West with disdain, and direct their money and energy towards building a prosperous and safe society.

We need more speeches like this one from Egyptian president Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, and the world needs to support these people calling for reformation within Islam:

But that is one hell of a mountain to climb.

In the meantime, the West needs to confront the harsh reality that these elements exist within the Muslim world and take the appropriate precautions. If that means restricting the inflow of Muslims from third world countries then so be it. Just wishing the problem away, or refusing to admit there is a problem, does no one any favours.

I'm more interested in the 'very real threat Islam presents to our Western freedoms and values.' I've heard it before. It wasn't expanded on then, either.

It does. Obviously it does. It’s a massive, massive statement.
But I don’t expect one because it’s copy pasta sloganeering. It’s meant to be read and accepted, not justified.

“… to stop treating the West with disdain…”

hahahaha

The West deserves farkin disdain - it’s a shithole. As does the East. The North is not bad. And the South - well, who cares.

It does. Obviously it does. It’s a massive, massive statement.
But I don’t expect one because it’s copy pasta sloganeering. It’s meant to be read and accepted, not justified.

Wake up!

These people preach hatred and death to the West (and to other Muslims)!

Why do you think they are blowing themselves up, detonating bombs, flying planes in to buildings, running over people in the street?

Why does ISIS exist? Hamas? Hezbollah? Boko Haram? The list goes on…

Educate yourself on what these groups are saying, what they believe, what they want.