TV show thread (2022-?)

Just finished Industry. It’s actually rare for a tv show bit I think I disliked every character on the show. Not sure if that was the shows intention?

Watched Our House on Foxtel, 4 part British series. A mother arrives home from a weekend away to find another couple moving into her house. Started quite promisingly to finish in an absolute farce. Do not recommend

The last ep is some of the best TV I’ve seen in a while so worth persisting in my opinion. But if you’re not invested in another couple of eps then it’s probably pointless.

3 Likes

I enjoyed the ending of White Lotus, didn’t see most of what happened coming.

There was a scene that I read about later that I didn’t pick up on at the time…

When the blonde girl was on the phone to her kids, all of them where Blonde/Blue eyed like her
“Trainer” thats why he didn’t rush to say hi to them, he clearly knows they aren’t his kids and fair chance there is another kid coming that isn’t so blonde…

I did and didn’t enjoy it. I didn’t see what happened coming either.

The buildup of tension through it was good, kept thinking who is it going to be. Thought Ethan then Valentina then Portia etc. My disappointment was that we don’t find out what was planned and if Greg was part of the plan. Although leaves it open for another series :slightly_smiling_face:

I didn’t pick up on Daphne talking with the kids either but now that you say that explains why Cameron wasn’t keen to speak/see to them.

Overall, loved it.

2 Likes

I havent watched it but the trailer turned me off. How much does he bang on about mainstream archeologists? Becuase i find that as interesting as watching paint dry. Wish he would just talk about strange things. Leave the persecuted shtick alone.

A LOT!

It’s 50% of the show.

If you’ve listened to / read him before, you’ll find nothing new here.

Booo

If he just concedes that mainstream archeology will never count myths and legends as scientific evidence, he’d do a lot better.

1 Like

Just finished episode 1 of The White Lotus.

Good show so far. Highlights for me are Stifler’s Mum and the Australian guy.

Taskmaster season 14 is a ripper so far. I often find myself struggling to find attachment to the comedians for the first couple of eps but this lineup is fairly good.

The “Ahoy” captains hat had me in hysterics.

1 Like

They are slow burns, but worth the pay off, especially season 1
I actually think Season 2 is better.

5 Likes

The last 5 to 10 minutes of Severance is absolutely stunning, I’m pretty sure I stopped breathing. Cracking series.

6 Likes

The second season of Alice in Borderland is out in a week or so.

Boom.

1 Like

If you like Scifi then I’d give ‘Foundation’ a crack, ripper show. Also ‘For all mankind’ is good.

2 Likes

I recommended The English with Emily Blunt here a while back for a pretty amazing take on the Western, forgot to mention The Good Lord Bird with Ethan Hawke, civil war era high octane weirdness, think it’s now on either Prime or NF. Great tv both.

Ferns guttural accent was such a valuable feature of the season, I thought. Her and Sarah were brilliant with John. The other two were okay but those 3 the highlights for me.

And The Peripheral. I have read the books so not 100% sure if it as good in general as season 1 was for me.

Amazing concepts. Simplified for tv but still very very cool sci fi

1 Like

Most stunning visuals i have seen in a tv show. Would rival many films to be fair.

1 Like

Yep, fantastic.