TV show thread (2022-?)

The characters are all great, all very likeable, they have swept me up and they have entrapped me and am really, really enjoying the ride.

2 Likes

Have watched 2 episodes and waiting to see where it goes.

Itā€™s good so far.

Itā€™s been called ā€˜The most dangerous show on televisionā€™ and our ABC even said it promotes ā€˜white supremacist ideas.ā€™

He knows how to p*ss people off.

I thought it was a bit ho-hum, personally, but thatā€™s because Iā€™ve already heard and read him say it all 1000 times before.

what!? how so.

certainly rehashed a bunch of stuff iā€™ve heard before and his to camera style is quite wooden

1 Like

season 14 of taskmaster is goated

3 Likes

But NZ series 2 had the best grape themed escape caravan.

1 Like

Ted Lasso - must watch series.
Bad Sisters is enjoyable also & Severance is different but good if you get into it.

2 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s some uncomfortable viewing at times, just a very well developed sense of dread all the time. Iā€™ve been to Taormina, itā€™s obviously made to look extra dreamy in the show but it didnā€™t need much work. Amazing place. Very surprised they havenā€™t used the ancient amphitheatre but maybe werenā€™t allowed. Thereā€™s also a tiny town you can walk to up the very top of the mountain above Taormina where thereā€™s a restaurant chock full of phalluses of all descriptions. The scout for this show didnā€™t do their diligence, itā€™s an obvious scene. If you can go to Sicily, go!

4 Likes

iā€™m doing it

iā€™m putting it at the top of my ranking

14, nz2, 7, 5, 12

2 Likes

john kearns is the funniest person whos ever inhaled breath

1 Like

I watched the first episode of severance and it didnā€™t grab me. Iā€™ve got a three month trial so weighing up whether to give it a longer go.

2 Likes

Itā€™s stunning, the style is not to everyoneā€™s taste, but do your best to stick with it. Last couple of episodes are easily the best stuff Iā€™ve seen in the past few years (up alongside Succession).

3 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s a genuinely odd show that mostly avoids trying too hard like a lot of promising US productions end up doing. Not unlike Maniac which was a pleasant surprise, with Emma Stone and Jonah Hill. Out there and stylish but kind of understated as well. The George Saunders of TV shows is probably a stretch but Iā€™m making it.

2 Likes

I was the same but came back to it and ended up watching it all. It is different.
Be sure to watch Ted Lasso.

1 Like

Iā€™m up to season 3 and it is one the most wickitty whack shows that Iā€™ve ever seen.

Close to the beat tv ever is the first 10mins of Ep1 S3 of The Boys

3 Likes

It is seriously ****ed up. Just when you think they canā€™t shock anymoreā€¦BOOM!

2 Likes

Heā€™s amazing. His contributions to the prize task have me in stitches every time.

Iā€™d have this season on par with the greats (7 and 5) - no weak links other than perhaps Dara whose competitiveness irks me for some reason.

1 Like

Finished 30 Coins (Foxtel) last night. Similar in some respects to the theme in Raiders of the Lost Ark, only this time recovery of the 30 coins paid to Judas is the theme.

Set in a little town in the province of Segovia, just north of Madrid, the main protagonists are Paco the mayor, Elena the hot vet, and Fr Vergara, the priest with experience in exorcism.

All sorts of weird horror crap.

Capture season 2 finale was amazing.
I am a bit late to the party, but currently watching Vikings.

2 Likes