TV show thread (2022-?)

Started on Dalgliesh, on Acorn. First series is 3 novels, each of 2 parts. There is a second series which hasn’t yet arrived. Based on the novels of P D James and set in the 70s.

I don’t know Bertie Carvel as Adam Dalgliesh, a recent widower who’s still grieving over the death of his wife and baby. A few familiar faces in bit parts.

Renewed for another season!

1 Like

Great news!

1 Like

Saw this last year, quite enjoyed it. Carvel is certainly austere in the role but that may well be a good portrayal based on the character as written. I’m not enough of an expert on the books to make a call on that.

I quite liked Martin Shaw’s (somewhat different) portrayal in 2 adaptations from several years ago.

The last of us is ■■■■■■■ amazing

4 Likes

Fan of the game or new to the series?

Both just watched first episode.

2 Likes

How good was it sticks so close to the game but slighty diffrent to not be a 1:1 copy.

Bella Ramsasy as Ellie sold me straight away. also Perdo Pascal is such a great actor he’s good in anything.

3 Likes

The Bear is brilliant. Great recommendation.

4 Likes

I grabbed hold of an 8-parter on Amazon

Selección Argentina - El camino a Qatar 2022

Selección is what they call the national team.

It’s quite interesting. Subtitled of course.

First two episodes cover the Copa America in 2021 and the Finalissima - the match between the European champions, Italy, and the Copa America champions, Argentina, who beat Brazil at the Maracaná in Rio. That one was played at Wembley.

In between, Maradona died.

Nope, nothing to see there. Also you may end up with radiation poisoning if you go there.

3 Likes

Series 8 of Sandhamm Murders is up.

Nora has changed jobs.

Wow took a punt on 3% (Brazil) on Netflix was not expecting to get instantly hooked and binge 4 seasons straight in three days i highly suggest peeps check it out

Great concept and themes kind of mix between hunger games and squid game but done brilliantly and characters and actors knock it out of the park.

English subtitles with original audio recommended as the American dub is hilariously bad

Also black summer is a great and original take on zombie apocalypse shows/movies

Each episode is a few fly on the wall 2 to 5 minute vignettes following random people and zombies during the initial outbreak

2 Likes

3% is great, loved it.

Episode 1 of The last of us was incredible, the car sequence when it was all kicking off was unreal.

4 Likes

Mrs Grenvold and I watched the first two episodes of ‘Utopia’ the other night. There were four seasons in total (I think). For those who have watched it is it worth sticking with!? I quite liked the first two eps. Just interested in other Blitzer’s thoughts on the show.

1 Like

is this the british one about the comic . graphic novel?

If it is ■■■■■■■ hell i remember my first viewing of that show and i was blown away, couldn’t wait to get to the next ep just edge of your seat stuff brilliant writing

Thanks Blitz for the recommendation of the Bear. 3 eps in and one of the best acted shows I’ve seen in a while.

3 Likes

The Australian Utopia series?
It’s so close to being a documentary rather than satire.

3 Likes

Yeah the Aus one with Rob Sitch.

2 Likes