TV show thread (2022-?)

Nicola Walker to star, as she did in River?

Nice thought. Doubt it, though.

Iā€™d be watching Nicola Walker in anything.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t get into that series about the divorce lawyers.

Where can i watch this

The Split.

Possibly not something Iā€™d normally consider but there was the Walker factor. Quite enjoyed it, actually.

justwatch is your friend!

1 Like

Itā€™s HBO, so might not be the easiest to track down in Aus.

I watch it on [redacted]

Yeah, Iā€™m not really feeling this new direction they have gone. I think there are now too many loose ends and questions that need to be resolved and Iā€™m not convinced they can do it in three episodes.

1 Like

Broke my own rule of not watching TV series and watched This Is England ā€˜86, ā€˜88 & ā€˜90 after watching the original film since it was first released. Only 11 episodes in total but its more like a 7up documentary than a sitcom. Highly recommended for anyone interested in the skinhead/mod/baggy era of working class England, although it is a tad grim.

1 Like

The Outlaws on Prime. Always great when Christopher Walken or Stephen Merchant are on screen.
Very weirdly rated R

1 Like

Season 6 of Black Mirror out next month - 5 episodes.

ā– ā– ā– ā–  yes.

9 Likes

Started on Ten Pound Poms on Stan last night.

Has David Field EVER played a nice guy? The rather attractive Michelle Keegan (Coronation St, Our Girl) is one of the main stars as is The Waif (Faye Marsay) from GOT. Not much subtlety in the Australiansā€™ behaviour as shown.

And The Great has resumed. Somehow I donā€™t think that is an accurate representation of Catherine The Greatā€™s life.

Also started on the BBC TV series of The Diplomat, with Sophie Rundle (Ada Shelby) as the British consul in Barcelona. This one is strange for a British series set in a foreign country, unlike The Mallorca Files where a German policeman speaks to German tourists IN ENGLISH. In this one, they actually speak Catalan and Spanish and only use English as the lingua franca.

And 4 episodes (2 novels) into the second series of PD Jamesā€™s Dalgliesh on AcornTV. All set in the 70s, about the time she wrote them.

The last Ted Lasso Episode was soo good.

Dont watch if you havent seen it

I thought it was overrated. It was ok, but nothing special!

1 Like

I need to catch up on the last 3 episodes. This season hasnā€™t really grabbed me at all.Jamie and Roy has been the highlight

All the stuff with Keeley is such a boring waste of time

I watched the first two episodes of High Plains tonight after reading a couple of very strong reviews.

Itā€™s just stupid. Supposed to be funny and I guess maybe a drunk 10 year old with an IQ of 50 might get a laugh out of some bits, but itā€™s just boring.

And is it possible for the Yanks to make a show in which you donā€™t hear the word ā– ā– ā– ā–  3 times in every spoken line? Or have they forgotten how? The ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  just make the boring show boringer.

Luckily I havenā€™t heard of it.

jury duty

fkn funny stuff

1 Like

I watched it last night, was a better one. Season 3 seemed hell bent on including every current social issue to tick all boxes. Agree with other poster, Roy and Jamie are brilliant

1 Like

Yeah I think the last 3 episodes have been good.
Unsure about the Amsterdam episode.
Agreed that the Keeley stuff is just annoying

1 Like