TV show thread (2022-?)

Concur.
Finished watching it last night.
Sooooo A24, especially the last episode.

Loved it.
Loved everything about it.

1 Like

Just finished season 3 of For all Mankind. That was brilliant.

Alternate history of the space race, starting in the 1970s. Good action and very accessible. Season 1 was great, playing on nostalgia really well. Season 2 had a slow start, but a strong finish. Season 3 was just great.

Highly recommended.

3 Likes

The Great is great television making, it’s so fun, in contrast with the settings and costumes, but also high drama

and japes, so many japes

Season 3 was brilliant, recommend The Great, brilliant characters and acted really well, a great romp.

1 Like

The last 2 episodes of Ted lasso have been fantastic episodes, probably the best 2 episodes of the whole series so far. Can’t wait for the finale now

Lasso at its best combines, humour and emotion absolutely brilliantly. The background score is absolute top notch as well

3 Likes

I’m going to cry on Wednesday when it’s all over. Such a great show.

2 Likes

Master chef sucks. It should be all about the food & less about the fluff. All the judges have to do is spend 1st 3 min visit everyone just tasting the food & get a feel for it, then they can fluff on afterwards.
Unfortunately we just get the fluff & the food becomes garbage.

2 Likes

I’ve found the majority of this season pretty dull. But these last 2 episodes were amazing. Can’t wait for the series finale now

1 Like

The other show that finished last night… Barry, I liked the ending but was a less funny ending than I hoped for. The last season was dark.

3 Likes

Season 4 of Barry definitely had a different tone.

As much as I loved the show, I’m not sure there was a way to end it that wasn’t going to be really messy.

The one thing I liked about it was how everybody kinda got what they really wanted in the end, albeit in a perverse, pyrrhic kind of way.

3 Likes

Aus version of The Office.

Surely not - I can already envision how cringe this is going to be.

5 Likes

Anyone watched the night agent (netflix), been recommended it but can’t get through the first episode, is it worth trying?

2 Likes

will live or die, likely die, on the casting

2 Likes

It’ll flop because the natural comparison in Australia will be Utopia (incorrectly IMO because one is satire and the other is parody), and there is almost no chance it’ll be as good.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Ziggys_Duck/status/1663171103592701955?t=FzVG5KXlfAKZISTYsBbhxg&s=19

7 Likes

When your thinking of aussie comedian guy - manager not that many come to mind that could pull off the lead role.
Eric Bana $$$
Rebel Wilson - could cast a female lead
Tom Gleeson
Charlie pickering
Chris Lilley
Hamish Blake
Ann Doh
Shaun micallef

Finished it last night,
Nothing groundbreaking but enjoyed it enough. I have been known to like some pretty rubbish tv shows though.

That scene is a classic.

Snoop was a great character

4 Likes

nah you need people who are good at improv comedy for a show like that. writing will only get performances so far.

australia doesn’t have much of an improv scene, it’s all heavily scripted comedy here.

they’ll obviously get a big name or three attached but most of your minor cast members will end up being people we’ve never heard of.

1 Like

Barry originally tried to get redemption by becoming an actor. Was focused on redemption by dying, then his death led to him being redeemed in the eyes of his son by a movie portrayal of him. A clever, subtle finish.

3 Likes