TV show thread (2022-?)

Serious question…do you like anything remotely new?

I think there’s an incredibly huge amount of stuff being churned out for all these streaming channels and that only a minuscule fraction of it is any good. I liked the White Lotus. Every so often something comes along that’s excellent but it’s very rare. But then good movies and good TV have always been pretty rare. I guess a larger proportion is passable, but mostly I can’t be bothered with passable.

is there a thread on blitz for like anime or is that included in this thread

1 Like

Cheers

You’ll have to start the hentai thread yourself.

3 Likes

you should watch this show called death note, better than any show that exist besides the inbetweeners

Don’t put it within a million miles of the non-English language one.

In the wake of Succession and ahead of Black Mirror’s release, I’ve been scouring for a show to get stuck into.

Ended up running with Happy Valley (UK crime drama on Binge) - I loved Line of Duty and Broadchurch - while not necessarily reaching those heights (yet), it is a very watchable show, which I expect is going to get better as the seasons progress.

4 Likes
1 Like

Yeah Happy Valley is great! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Two outstanding female actors in Sarah Lancashire in Happy Valley and Olivia Colman in Broadchurch. They have gone from strength to strength.

And Olivia Colman was very much third banana in Peep Show…although it was really a vehicle for Mitchell and Webb.

Then she was in Fleabag (a show I hated with a passion). Such a horrible person in Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s character as the lead. And no-one can dissuade me.

I recall Sarah Lancashire in a show with Phil Davis years back. He seems to have slipped backwards and now only see him in secondary parts.

Colman in the Night Manager and the Crown

Never bothered with The Crown.

Excellent series. Much more of a small-town vibe than something like LoD. Sarah Lancashire is very watchable.

1 Like

Sarah Lancashire and Nicola Walker tag teaming in Last Tango in Halifax. Nicola Walker has been great in other shows, starting with Spooks, then the Unforgotten.

Funny I looked this up after your post and I realised I’d just watched the Simpsons Halloween special rip off the other day. ( thanks kid ) . The episode was really creepy and I really don’t think it was appropriate for the kids. But was interesting watching Simpsons in Anime form.

I also loved Nicola Walker in River with Stellan Skarsgard.

1 Like

Great to see the return of Utopia last night! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Just started watching “It’s always Sunny in Philadelphia” never heard of it before just randomly chose it. I found the first 3 episodes surprisingly funny. Is anyone into this show? Noticed there are heaps of seasons.

5 Likes