Twitter rumours

I thought norf were clearing space on their cap to make a play at someone. Turns out maybe it’s just coz they’re shitpoor

There's a bit of talk that despite some public re-assurances, Tippett could well be up to the Gold Coast. Could be crap but this is the twitter rumours thread.

Mark Robinson ‏@Robbo_heraldsun 13h13 hours ago Melbourne, Victoria
Is Sydney really out of the race for O’Meara? Someone with some knowledge of situation said #watchthisspace

Related, perhaps?

There's a bit of talk that despite some public re-assurances, Tippett could well be up to the Gold Coast. Could be crap but this is the twitter rumours thread.

Is Sydney really out of the race for O’Meara? Someone with some knowledge of situation said #watchthisspace

Related, perhaps?

Yeah, rumoured to be Tippett plus pick 14 for JOM.
Imagine the irony if the Swans used pick 14 that they got from the Hawks to get JOM

Related, perhaps?

Could well be. Although I’d be extremely suprised if O’Meara went anywhere but Hawthorn given he deliberated so much about where to go and settled on Hawthorn, as he felt they would best manage his body.

There is even ridiculous chatter about Gary Ablett returning to Geelong!
Danger, Ablett, Selwood- 99% of TPP
Rest of team- Here’s a 10’er boys.

Related, perhaps?

Imagine the irony if the Swans used pick 14 that they got from the Hawks to get JOM

That would be awesome

But surely tippet wouldn’t be a priority for gc with lynch day and Wright up there.

Unless Lynch is heading to us!

Go nuts blitz

Related, perhaps?

That would be awesome

But surely tippet wouldn’t be a priority for gc with lynch day and Wright up there.

Unless Lynch is heading to us!

Go nuts blitz

Nicholls is leaving end of next season so they definitely need another ruckman.

Well there you go. Trade radio just indicated that Vardy to West Coast is basically a done deal.
Excellent work by the Eagles.

Trading in a perennially injured ruckman/forward as a back up for their already longterm injured #1 ruckman to compliment their battery of very ordinary rucks on their list (Giles, Lycett) and squib kpf Darling.

This trade period confirms my suspicions that the competition is slowly eating itself from within with the way clubs are trading these days, in particular guys that are either on their last legs due to age or injury and thinking that they will make a difference to a club’s finals chances.

Change a couple of names above and that was us last year with loony burger. Reckon that turned out pretty alright

That would be good by the Swans since they just lost Mitchell to Hawks. Very spiteful. Love it.

Issue is JOM’s GF lives in Victoria though so that’s why he was moving for the most part.

I’d suggest with swans sticking their nose in could still see us in the mix later on. There is just no way Hawks are going to be able to satisfy GC and I’m sure GC would rather NOT send JOM to his preferred destination

Do it, Horse.

That would be good by the Swans since they just lost Mitchell to Hawks. Very spiteful. Love it.

Issue is JOM’s GF lives in Victoria though so that’s why he was moving for the most part.

I’d suggest with swans sticking their nose in could still see us in the mix later on. Their is just no way Hawks are going to be able to satisfy GC and I’m sure GC would rather NOT send JOM to his preferred destination

JOM needs to sign off on any deal so pretty pointless since he has nominated Hawthorn. God I hate that so much… the players have way too much power.

I’d suggest with swans sticking their nose in could still see us in the mix later on. Their is just no way Hawks are going to be able to satisfy GC and I’m sure GC would rather NOT send JOM to his preferred destination

JOM needs to sign off on any deal so pretty pointless since he has nominated Hawthorn. God I hate that so much… the players have way too much power.

How dare employees have a say where they are contracted to. It’s madness I tells ya, madness!

Do it, Horse.

That’s what she said

How dare employees have a say where they are contracted to. It’s madness I tells ya, madness!

Does seem to me that with all this free agency stuff (and AFLPA pushing for lessening of restrictions) that the players should have to give something back in that regard. Maybe force them to nominate at least 2 clubs when wanting to xfer or something.

Great that the swans are making a big play for JOM because it improves our chance of getting him via the PSD

Need to get watto, hep, zep in front of this bloke

It would be awesome. Pity GC won’t take Tippett.

Does seem to me that with all this free agency stuff (and AFLPA pushing for lessening of restrictions) that the players should have to give something back in that regard. Maybe force them to nominate at least 2 clubs when wanting to xfer or something.

The trade off should be that you can be traded regardless of your preference when out of contract unless you qualify for free agency. If you are still in contract and the club wants to move you, then you have the right to say no. Once you qualify for FA you start getting more freedoms. And get rid of compo picks. They’re rubbish.

And I don’t get the argument about saying the players shouldn’t have to move interstate if they don’t want to. That’s a condition of playing in the AFL. Your employment means you may have to move to another city. Don’t like it? Then leave the industry. There are plenty of jobs that require you to move away from Mum and Dad, and not many of them pay you $150k+ as a base wage. It’s not like the US where you can be traded at any time, or dumped to the minor leagues. You have guaranteed employment and living stability for at least 12 months at any one time. It’s part of the package of being a footballer.

Surely this is great for Tippett now he can finally move back closer to his family like he desperately wanted to last time

The trade off should be that you can be traded regardless of your preference when out of contract unless you qualify for free agency. If you are still in contract and the club wants to move you, then you have the right to say no. Once you qualify for FA you start getting more freedoms. And get rid of compo picks. They’re rubbish.

And I don’t get the argument about saying the players shouldn’t have to move interstate if they don’t want to. That’s a condition of playing in the AFL. Your employment means you may have to move to another city. Don’t like it? Then leave the industry. There are plenty of jobs that require you to move away from Mum and Dad, and not many of them pay you $150k+ as a base wage. It’s not like the US where you can be traded at any time, or dumped to the minor leagues. You have guaranteed employment and living stability for at least 12 months at any one time. It’s part of the package of being a footballer.

On what terms? Who decides the pay? Length of contract?

Surely this is great for Tippett now he can finally move back closer to his family like he desperately wanted to last time

Rumour of Buddy messing with Tippetts girlfriend. A few posts on Big footy about this. (Which means nothing, but timing is funny)

Reckon we are more united as a football club at the moment than teams like Hawthorn & Sydney!