Two 'Pie players test positive

Josh Thomas and Lachie Keefe have tested positive to a banned substance called ‘clen’…

INTEGRITY GOVERNANCE

ALL OTHER CLUBS ARE CLEAN!!!

SUCK ON A FAT ONE YOU FILTH!!

Quoted Post

Good old clenbuterol forever......

Not enough love for this.

Quoted Post

It's on Andruska's desk. She must have forgotten about it.

Guys, who took my apple juice?

4 years for a snorting a line of kiwi beef is undeservedly harsh. ASADA have no justifiable reason for introducing such draconian penalties.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
They are not "Kids". They may be younger than you, but they aren't kids

Exactly right. These guys get more education on drugs and more life guidance etc than the majority of 18 to 22 year olds. Being young doesn’t excuse them if they’re involved in an AFL club.

What education do they get on drugs though ?
What they get a detailed running sheet of what drug a does and it’s effects etc etc.

Or is the drug education simply don’t get caught, or the ramifications of getting caught ?

Not having a go at you, I’ve always found the AFL’s line of drug education as more of a PR thing than an actual helpful exercise. Esp considering they give you 3 chances, probably more as long as you’re not caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

So this is what I’ve heard about AFL drug education:

(Got a mate who played for Murray Bushrangers, didn’t get drafted, got signed by Williamstown, then went to Fark Carlton reserves, then played at North Adelaide in the SANFL. Finally, he moved back to the O and M.) He’d be 27,28 now.

We were chatting about the Saga at one point, and he reckons from TAC Cup level (and this was 10 years ago), the players are educated in pre-season training about being careful what you put into your body. (not sure by who - he mentioned it was coaching staff etc)

He said the same thing occurred at VFL and SANFL level on a more professional scale.

I take your point about the “don’t get caught” thing. 3 strikes is a joke. Particularly if hair testing isn’t counted, and neither is self-reporting.

These Filth players are going to get a long ban. I don’t see how they can prove a no fault defense, even if they say “but we thought we were only snorting coke” - I imagine all that has to be proven with a positive test is that the players had been told about the likelihood of coke being cut with clen. If they can successfully argue that they didn’t know of that likelihood, then I imagine they’ll get a reduced sentence.

I’m tipping they get 4 years. Harsh lesson to learn.

Quoted Post

Soooo what happened?

The AFL can keep things confidential when it wants to.

It’s on Andruska’s desk.
She must have forgotten about it.

Soooo what happened?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
They are not "Kids". They may be younger than you, but they aren't kids

Exactly right. These guys get more education on drugs and more life guidance etc than the majority of 18 to 22 year olds. Being young doesn’t excuse them if they’re involved in an AFL club.

What education do they get on drugs though ?
What they get a detailed running sheet of what drug a does and it’s effects etc etc.

Or is the drug education simply don’t get caught, or the ramifications of getting caught ?

Not having a go at you, I’ve always found the AFL’s line of drug education as more of a PR thing than an actual helpful exercise. Esp considering they give you 3 chances, probably more as long as you’re not caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

Quoted Post

I thought the samples were TESTED today?
Yep, you're correct. My bad!!

ROLO?!!?!?!??!?!?!??!

Quoted Post

They were.

Turns out, just like the A Sample, the B also tastes like urine.

Their B sample results come out today.

Wow. Gil must be pulling his hair out as it isn’t a good look.

“How did this happen? We asked all other clubs if they were clean and they said yes!” - AFL

Black & whitest day in sport?

Hey, get your own scandal.

Karma bus, Karma bus, coming round the bend…

Fark Carlton would’ve been better, though.