Underrated Movies

The Town. Love it.

4 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

Atomic Blondeā€¦was released around the time that people started talking about how the next Bond/007 should be a woman.

Thereā€™s no need to do thatā€¦Charlize Theron showed that they donā€™t need to appropriate male roles if you create a strong character with a believable actress and storyline.

Her fight scene in the building in East Berlin was brilliant.

3 Likes

Debby does Dallas.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not saying itā€™s great, but The Rules Of Attraction is probably the best adaptation of a Bret Easton Ellis novel, true to the aesthetic of the writer. It was largely panned, but the author himself prefers it to American Psycho and definitely Less Than Zero.

1 Like

For mine its a Foreign film - Panā€™s Labyrinth. A haunting Spanish firm that may actually be the best film I have ever watchedā€¦its a toss up, the original Alien movie, Apocalypse Now, Blade Runner, Gladiator all greatā€¦ but Pans its like completely out there, there is nothing like it and I keep re-watching it cause IMO its unique. Hits the viewer between the eyes.

Interested in others opinions on this filmā€¦the score is also very good

5 Likes

Deuce Bigalow Male Gigalo, Hot Tub Time Machine, and Benchwarmers.

Look, they wonā€™t be up for an academy award, but they had some genuine lol worthy moments, and I wasnā€™t expecting much, and they all over delivered.

6 Likes

Is that related to the classic 70s p o r n o, Debbie Does Dallas? :wink:

2 Likes

Disagreeā€¦although quite an enjoyable movie (and possibly the most mainstream of Malickā€™s career), it was nowhere near as good as Saving Private Ryan.

The feedback from Normandy Vets speaks volumes about how good SPR really wasā€¦itā€™s become a victim of itā€™s success.

1 Like

Insomnia ( a forgotten Nolan masterpiece)
Equilibrium
Man on fire
The thing
Hook
Fern gully
Crimson tide
Source code
Sunshine
28 days later/ 28 weeks later
Runaway jury
Saw- a lot of people think itā€™s a gore movie, it isnā€™t.( the sequels were, the original is absolutely brilliant)
The raid and the Raid 2. Best fight scenes I have ever seen in any movies. Story is decent too. ( people donā€™t know about them because they are foreign language)

1 Like

Iā€™ll have to watch both again, itā€™s been a while, but I remember at the time preferring The Thin Red Line. Probably shouldnā€™t have bolded ā€œfarā€

A time to Kill
Law abiding citizen
Scent of a woman

2 Likes

Agree mate.

It was a test to see who watches ā– ā– ā– ā– .

2 Likes

Did I pass?

The original Saw itself is mostly good, the rest are pretty ordinary.

A couple of odd noms here;

Identity. If you like Shutter island, this was the same plot years earlier and in my opinion better.

The long kiss goodnight. If you like any of the Bourne movies itā€™s the same plot done earlier.

Iā€™d also add the weird film noir - Brick.

2 Likes

The Town and Gone Baby Gone are two of my favourite films.

Ben Affleck might cop grief for his acting but he is an outstanding Director.

5 Likes

The intro to 28 weeks later is still one of the best Iā€™ve seen.

2 Likes

Was identity with John Cusack? With the prisoner with multiple personalities?

3 Likes