US Election - More Division or New Revision? (Part 1)

Yep. They had someone on CNN who confirmed there were 30,000 mail in votes that hadn’t been counted.

Should be UN observers - just like for elections in other generally third world countries.

1 Like

completely guessing, but it’s a pretty sparsely populated state? rural counties might not have that many votes in them

Is Clarke red or blue?

75% in clarke county. Vegas in there

1 Like

Blue 2 to 1

2 Likes

Heavy blue. CNN said ideally biden has 9-10 point lead after clarke. Had nowhere near that

1 Like

more people live in Clarke than pretty much the whole rest of the state. some of those counties only have a couple of thousand vote.

A lot of those billion dollar companies trade at a huge loss. Their business model is to just crush opposition with scale…their investors in some big bubble.

Its a disgusting example of capitalism and they need breaking up.

3 Likes

The electoral college was brought in because of… what do you think it could be? I haven’t seen it mentioned at all in any of these threads, which is why I am writing this now.

It was brought in because of…

… democracy? No, the founding fathers did not want a democracy.

It was brought in because of slavery!

If the Southern States had an equal say per voters they would be at a disadvantage so may not have joined. So they made it per total population, counting slaves as an asset of the southern states in the electoral college. After slavery ended of course it is now based on population, but they persist with this EC system. No other country has established the same system since.

Surprised by how well the dems are doing at this point. They could pinch this in spite of farking everything

that’s where the 3/5ths thing came from yeah?

On Nevada Democrat counties: Trump polling 4 points better in Clark County (Los Vegas) than last time, Biden ~ same as Clinton. Up in Washoe County Biden up 3 points and Trump 1 point on 2016.

Rest of the state is entirely red but small numbers. They generally seem to be 87%-89% counted. Clark County is only 84% counted and Washoe is 89% counted.

Looks like Trump is clawing back via his improvement in Clark County more than over-performing in the smaller counties that are generally strongly red anyway.

1 Like

I’m not concerned by Nevada

Reminds me of the quote:
“There’s only two things that bother me: batsmen and flies” - Max Walker

You’re doing better than me then

1 Like

If it’s just mail in ballots left, you would expect Biden to pull away.

3 Likes

He cannibalised those votes i thought