US politics - fried (part 5)

Well that’s not good.
Not even going to do any whataboutism (although I guess I kinda just did).

And if you believe that tripe, you’re another Putin patsy! :wink:

Zlochevsky responded it would take them (investigators) 10 years to find the records (i.e. illicit payments to Joe Biden).”

Convenient.

President Biden has tried to laugh off the bribery accusation, saying last month in response to a question from The Post , “Where’s the money?”

Quite.

Also, bribing someone to do something that they are already, publicly, doing seems pretty…pretty stupid.

3 Likes

It’s not impossible its true.
It’s certainly not impossible there are elements of truth (e.g. Hunter did get bribed).
But until it’s more than one person talking to another I’m not going to give a huge amount of weight to it. Even if the conversations occurred exactly as stated, that doesn’t mean Zlochevsky was telling the truth in the conversation or didn’t have an agenda.

Hell, can you imagine how much some on the right of US politics would pay for those tapes and proof if it existed?

2 Likes

Oh, I’m not completely discounting it.
But at the very least you need receipts and not ‘this bloke said…’

Edit: and if we Are doing whataboutism, then the other guy was definitely paid. The argument was over what it was for. They can’t even show there was a payment here.

Zlochevsky is a fugitive from Ukraine justice, attempted bribery etc.
Keeping an open mind on the veracity of his story to the FBI informant.

I wouldn’t necessarily trust Hunter Biden either.
But you also need to see who gains out of accusations like this, especially if they are coming out of the Russian sphere of influence. Putin will do anything to get Biden out and his mate Trump in, so something like this is right down the FSB playbook.

4 Likes

The only issue with that line of thinking was the conversations were held in 2016/2017, and reported to the FBI in 2020.

1 Like

So right in the middle of the Trump presidency- and reported at a time when Biden would have been firming up as the most serious challenger to Trump.
When Trump had his fingers all over the internal workings of the govt.

2 Likes

Hunter is definitely dodgy, and definitely uses the family name to get dodgy money. Most definitely.

That being connected to any action of Joe whilst holding office is the unlikely part. And some of the attempts to connect them in the past haven’t made much sense.

From a purely political standpoint he’d be best keeping Hunter at a distance. He doesn’t because his other children and his first wife have passed away, and I’m pretty sure he thinks he’ll lose his last child if he lets him out of his sight. An understandably human decision, but it will have this political cost.

1 Like

There’ll be a lot of people who suddenly believe that bribery is bad

2 Likes

But only if a democrat did it. Otherwise, it’s green-light!

4 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/07/20/former-aide-expected-before-grand-jury-trump-faces-possible-charges/?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

An aide to former president Donald Trump was to appear before a federal grand jury in Washington on Thursday, people familiar with the matter said, as the Justice Department moves toward deciding whether to criminally charge Trump in connection with his efforts to subvert the results of the 2020 presidential election.

William Russell served in the White House as a special assistant and the deputy director of presidential advance operations and continued to work as a personal aide for Trump after Trump left office in January, 2021.

Russell was asked to appear Thursday after making prior grand jury appearances, according to the people familiar with the matter, who like others interviewed for this article spoke on the condition of anonymity because of grand jury secrecy rules.

A Justice Department investigation led by special counsel Jack Smith has been examining efforts by Trump and his allies to overturn Joe Biden’s victory in the 2020 presidential election including the events that led up to the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol.

Kinda like England and “Spirit of the game”.

3 Likes

You guys are quick to say “Joe is fine, I don’t believe this” but also just as quick to say “Trump is dodgy, I believe this”.

They are both dodgy.

You can despise Trump but still admit that Joe is unfit to be president and he and his family have been up to their eye-balls in some pretty poor stuff.

Take the Dem loving Repub hating blinkers off and just face the fact that the current state of US politics is pretty low and poor. The quality from both sides is appallingly bad, with the Repubs the worst.

1 Like

I don’t think he’s great.
He’s still miles better than the alternative, on every conceivable level.

Edit: and I definitely question the word as

1 Like

No idea why that was even in there. lol Trump is obviously worse.

1 Like

I’ve yet to see anything credible to implicate Joe Biden. I’m not really a fan of him, TBH, but the difference is quite stark. The list Trump wrong doings is a mile long, credible and irrefutable IMO.

2 Likes

Also, I take exception to the suggestion that hating book-burning, female subjugating, nazi apologists is a Bad thing.

2 Likes

I’ve read more than a bit on the Hunter stuff in the past. I would like to see the meaningful connection to Biden’s actions to move beyond thinking Hunter, and possibly Joe’s brothers, are dodgy based on what I’ve read. We’ll see.

2 Likes