US politics - fried (part 5)

Continuing the discussion from US politics - cooked - #10033 by barry_day.

Previous discussions:

Fark Trump.

Just wanted to get in at the start.

18 Likes

Fark him and his small cabbage hands.

5 Likes

So from the last thread, who is “no label”?

1 Like

Claims to be a centrist party, but it is funded by GOP dark money. They have almost no grassroots support. I think they are just MAGA clowns pretending to be something else.

2 Likes

5 Likes

https://www.axios.com/2023/07/17/desantis-fires-staff-travel-trump

1 Like

Ron DeSanctamoneous, Meatball Ron, Pudding Ron is doneski!

1 Like

US politics- indicated?

15 Likes

DeSantis is a dead candidate walking. You don’t walk into a cult whose leader rose to his position by being obnoxious, and try to take it over by promising to be less obnoxious.

Short of his cardiac health or similar interfering, Trump will be the R 2024 candidate. Now the question is whether any other Rs, some of the ones who’ve been vocally against Trump, will run as 3rd-party spoiler candidates. RFK Jr seems likely to have killed his Dem candidacy last week by spinning demented theories about some Chinese/Jewish conspiracy behind the Covid epidemic, but a spoiler R or ex-R candidate, someone like Cheney, seems perfectly plausible. They’d never win, but even by siphoning off a couple of percent of the vote they could make sure Trump lost.

2 Likes

I have tried to stay away from the 24/7 news cycle (largely by deleting Twitter) and have seen a marked decrease in my knowledge of every single piece of madness that counts as news in the US. That said, some residual stress remains from being so hyper-aware the last 8 years. Case in point - I was in London recently and it coincided with 2 baseball games in the city between Chicago and St. Louis. Let’s just say that when America sent its baseball fans over the Atlantic, in many cases they did not send their best. Was out for lunch and saw a teenager with a “give me freedom or give me death” t-shirt with a bleeding black and white US flag. He was followed closely by his mum sporting a large 3 percenters tattoo on her arm. I nearly flipped out and my wife had to read me the riot act.

Then, at the airport, the guy in front of me at security had a “Blue Lives Matter” hat and a massive Thin Blue Line patch sewn on the top of his backpack.

This time I just took a deep breath and moved on.

2 Likes
2 Likes

1 Like

Ok, so the MAGA Republicans have been reading up on Orwell/1984 and Stalin’s methods.
Let’s hope these pale photocopies of humans get nowhere near real power. Florida and Texas is bad enough.

1 Like

“Cancel Culture”

1 Like

Uh, yeah.

The Cardinals have a very sizeable fan base from the rural midwest that are pretty much full-MAGA. They draw a lot of support from places like Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Tennessee. As a Cardinals fan myself I am certainly embarrassed by it.

As for Cubs fans, well, they are obnoxious drunken slobs.

1 Like

I can confirm this to be true based on what I saw by Noon prior to the games :slight_smile:

1 Like