Vale Chris Cornell

Exact same reason i got hooked on Soundgarden

1 Like

This sucks. Thanks so much, and farewell.

2 Likes

Yeah saw them too at BDO at Freo Oval that year and was just mesmerized by his voice and the band that night.

That performance that night has always remained with me as one of my all time favourite live music experiences.

This is a huge shock, and without speculating of the cause of his death without knowing the facts, he always seemed to be one of the rare guys from the grunge era that had his head screwed on the right way and was never destined to take the same sad end as Layne Staley and Scott Weiland.

Gee! And only 52 too…way way too young.

2 Likes

Terrible news, such a talented man gone far too soon. Soundgarden were the band that introduced me to real music, his voice was like nothing I had ever heard.

1 Like
2 Likes

One of the great non vocal cameos, by a one of the great vocalists

■■■■. This has affected me more than I would have expected. Seriously. Blubbing.

Blow up the Outside World.

RIP.

1 Like

Guttered…

Don’t kids these days have access to like every song ever?

In my top 5 all time favourite songs that one

5 Likes

Man loved that Motorvision video. Still have it on VHS somewhere I think.

Check out his solo stuff too. His most recent album, Higher Truth, has some absolute ripping tracks on it. I was talking to a mate the other day and we were discussing which singer’s voice would we choose if we could sing like anyone. He was surprised when I immediately answered Chris Cornell. One of the true greats. Was really hoping he would do a solo tour to Aus soon (I saw Soundgarden when they last came out).

Is he related to Jock?

Well that genuinely sucks :frowning:

Yeah but I haven’t listened to every song ever…

1 Like

Well this is pretty ■■■■■■ up

2 Likes

I’m not really a grunge fan but there are a couple of exceptions.
Soundgarden were brilliant - Outshined close to my fave track but so many good ones.
Don’t know what else to say that others have already covered.
In massive shock over this like everyone else.
What a set of pipes.

2 Likes

As the evening has progressed, I feel increasingly bashed up over this. . Hard to fathom that this is real.

Like a few others, I too would like Chris’ singing voice. Because he could do it all. “Seasons” a case in point to illustrate his versatility.

I’ll post more when I get to a computer. For now, just playing his music.

Vale,. and thanks.

7 Likes