Vale Shane Warne

This is so reminiscent of the death of Kobe Bryant in terms of the numb state of disbelief you’re in. Similar to when Kobe passed, flicking through my FB feed and you skim past it and go “hang on, did I see right?” and you have to re-read it and check it’s not some hoax. I haven’t slept a wink since. I’ve listened to a number of tributes from Mark Nicholas, David Lloyd, Gideon Haigh. I’ve never heard Nicho stumped for words, normally so eloquent but he could barely string a sentence together we was shell shocked. This will take a while to digest and for it to sink in.

13 Likes

2022 can just ■■■■ right off.

8 Likes

Goodbye warnie you were a true inspiration to millions.

2 Likes
12 Likes

What?

So young. RIP Warney

Dean Jones was the reason I started playing Cricket, Warnie is the guy that made me fall in love with the game and why I still play now

RIP King

16 Likes

Somewhere on an amazing pitch Warnie is bowling to Deano with Rod Marsh keeping.

I am feeling worse as this day is going along. Too young. Too soon. Heart breaks for his family.

2 Likes

Deano, Marsh and Warnie in quick succession. What tragic losses to the cricket world. How sad that our heroes have fallen. RIP guys, we loved you all!

8 Likes

Far too young. FK.

Wtf…not Warnie.

1 Like

Had to reread the headline, yes Warnie had his moments off the field. On the field, what a cricketer, and leg spin is very hard to do, he was a master at it. RIP.

I know Warnie loves a headline but this is ridiculous. Terribly sad . Too young. Too much still to give.

Likewise. Picked up my phone half asleep and had to reread it a a few times.

This one will take a while to process.

Still remember what I was doing when I found out sbout Steve Irwin and Peter Brock, reckon this one will have a similar lasting effect.

3 Likes

Same. Thought it was a made up headline when a mate sent it to me. Very sad.

2 Likes

It’s hard to read.

I feel for his children.

4 Likes

We’ll the world was a ■■■■■■ up place yesterday,
It’s even more ■■■■■■ today.

1 Like

Controversial off the field. The greatest I’ve ever seen on the field. Devastated. A hero to so many. Was there the day he got his hat-trick. Vale Shane Warne. We will all miss you.

3 Likes

Bowwwwled Vaaaaaale Shane

2 Likes

Just saw it on reddit. Can’t believe it. RIP legend.

2 Likes

Met him at wet and wild on the GC when I was 12-13. To this day it’s the strongest hand shake I’ve ever had, nearly broke my hand.

Rest in paradise Warnie

3 Likes