Vasectomy Advice and/or Experiences

What??? It’s a minor procedure which allows the female partner to get off the pill which has to be a good thing.
And they are reversible in the majority of cases, not that I cared.

3 Likes

It’s Alex. Don’t bother.

1 Like

Make a decision mate.
Grow some balls.

sorry

11 Likes

Diggers is a guy?

9 Likes

Come off it.

I just said ive considered it a last resort thing. If nothing else works and the pill isn’t working for your lady, then do what’s right for both of you.

Put it this way, if men had to take the pill they’d be champing at the bit to get the snip. Read the packet about side effects and try to stop your knees from trembling.

2 Likes

This is a whole different discussion, but the pill is a scourge on society. I wonder if we’ll look back in twenty years and realise how many issues are related to it. Anxiety? Fertility issues? Who the fark knows.

Last resort??? Should be the first option once you’ve had kids.

2 Likes

Did it a few months back, up for the test soon. Wasn’t bad, very quick and painless procedure, bit sore for a couple of days after and I followed the book on day 1 recovery. Took the stitches out myself. Mrs wasn’t on the pill so I feel much relieved and looking forward to the future :grin:

Would recommend. Half a day of walking like a cowboy. On the upside… The swelling was ok.

3 Likes

“Please God, leave the swelling but take the pain”

5 Likes

That’s where I’m at.

Fair sledge. Pay that.

1 Like

I have to get a hernia done too but they can’t do it at the same time because it’s a Catholic hospital. ■■■■■■ religion.

3 Likes

My Dr said he’s performed over 10,000 vasectomies.

I said he could probably do mine with his eyes closed but I would insist that he didn’t.

The other interesting thing is that he can do it right there in his consultation room.

Not sure if that makes me feel more relaxed or more nervous.

2 Likes

I used to be a vasectomy doctor, but then one day I slipped and got the sack.

19 Likes

Gee, all of you blokes must have wives in their 20s/30s or something. #envious Menopause kicks in around the 40s/50s, sometimes early 60s. My wife was 40 when our first son was born (we married later than the norm). We tried for a second, however, gave up in the end. Once the ladies pass 45, pregnancy (while not impossible) is extremely rare. Is a vasectomy really necessary in the case of wives around the mid-40s onwards (which I am assuming Dig’s wife is)?

Sounds like something Rodney Dangerfield would say? :laughing:

It is if you don’t want to risk it. I wouldn’t want another one when I’m turning 45 later in the year. :face_with_head_bandage::gun:

1 Like

Just don’t do as I did and go running the next day!

2 Likes