Vasectomy Advice and/or Experiences

We are of the same age, bro, but I am referring to your wife/partner. Apologies, but is she around the same age? I asked a doc about the chop option and he said not to bother with it (my wife is 48). Reckons the chances are next to negligible. Explained the odds to me & I then inputted that info into the equation regarding the amount of action and went - yeah - he is right. :grin:

2 Likes

I was knocked out for mine. No idea why but that’s how my Doctor did it. There were 6 people standing around all with different jobs like a pit crew.

I had no issues and I’m so glad i did it.

The one thing they don’t tell you before is you need to ‘clean the pipes’. They recommended 20-30 ejeculates and then the test before you can safely do it.

My wife helped me for the first few days but then she set me up in my own private room to quickly knock out the rest!

2 Likes

Now that’s just nuts.

1 Like

Had it done 9 days ago…first couple of days were a tad rough, but all in all it’s not that bad.

2 Likes

Good point but Mrs diggers has said that I am not knobbing her without some form of contraception regardless of age.

I don’t think she’s joking , either.

When can you start knobbing away without repercussions?

6 to 8 weeks or until you are all cleared out.

1 Like

I’ll be cleaned out by the end of week 2.

3 Likes

I’ve heard a bit of the opposite.

It’s more that there is a small chance of pregnancy (5%?) but the chance of carrying through to birth is much much lower and there are many many risks and complications involved.

To me it’s then the moral dilemma of keeping the child vs keeping your partner safe.

Too heavy a topic for midnight on a Sunday.

5%? From mid-40s onwards? Ignore the articles you are Googling, Soul. No way at that age via natural pregnancy. If you include IVF, etc - then 5% can be accepted (at best), but no way via natural. 45+ via natural birth is less than 1%. And there are also massive complications. Eggs are just not fertile at that age. And don’t forget that you have to hit the exact point during ovulation. Avoid the mid ovulation period and enjoy making love in the other moments and there is virtually zero chance of pregnancy once ladies hit their 40s.

If they’re done having kids, she’s more comfortable with him having the snip, it’s not going to cause him any problems, why wouldn’t you. Fark reproduction capacity arguments and just have a bit of respect for your partners wishes.

5 Likes

Reckon if I sneaked a book about lady reproduction under Mrs diggers’ pillow, discussion about any form of contraception would be moot.

1 Like

I had the snip a couple of years back after we had 2 kids and were happy with that. The options were my wife continuing on the pill (not preferable as it caused her side effects and was not comfortable), using condoms (pain in the ■■■■ and total mood-killer), female vasectomy (they place a screw-in device into the tubes that lead to the ovaries that then grow over and close off, and is irreversible), chancing it (no thanks), the pull-out method (hahaha), or me getting the snip.

I was late 30’s at the time, was not keen on any more kids and figured my wife had held up her end of the bargain being on the pill for ages (other than when we were trying to get pregnant) and figured it was my turn to step up. Plus the government paid for it.

I spoke to the doctor and he was polite and extremely professional, talking about “testes, ejackulate (deliberate mispelling thanks to our awesome swear filter), procedure, etc” up until the point I asked him whether I would be under local or general aneasthetic. His response was “Fark mate, it’ll be a general. Nobody wants to be awake whilst another guy with a knife has your balls in his hands!”. Anyway, I was in and out in about 45 minutes, home a couple of hours later and the procedure left me with a 5mm incision and two stitches that dissovled after about a week.

The doctor should arrange for you to do a swimmer test after about a month to make sure you get no unwanted surprises, but you do need to clean the pipes to make sure. At least that’s what the doctor says so you can tell your missus it’s doctor’s orders.

My last bit of advice is to get ice on it straight away and often for the next few days to avoid unwelcome swelling. It makes a huge difference between being a little bit uncomfortable for a day or two, or walking like a cowboy for a week.

2 Likes

Had mine done 17 years ago as a 40th birthday pressie for Mrs Clayton. Same as @GRR, main benefit is to her getting off the pill, which she had been on for around 20 years.

Best bit of advice I got - even though I’m a boxer shorts man, on the actual day wear jocks or something similar to support the old sack, as dangling freely is not recommended & can be painful on the way home from surgery.

1 Like

My wife has been pushing in that direction since our 2nd was born 18 months ago. I got away with telling her I was a colt not a gelding for a while but the pressure is ramping up. I think if I can find a place that does it while sedated I will be ok. Not keen on seeing a scalpel in that general area.

1 Like

I could go with a general anesthetic but my Dr goes with a local and does the op in his consulting room.

Scalpel to the groinage is something no man should ever witness.

3 Likes

Isn’t worth taking a general for what is a very quick and painless procedure with a local. If you don’t want to see it happening, dont look.

It’s my sausage. How can I not look?

Man, just harden up.

I mean, um, nevermind…

4 Likes

And actually, no, its not your sausage, it’s your taties.