Vetoing away games for 2016

Whilst I understand your logic, it doesn't help Essendon. Kicking goals to a silent stand will not only be demeaning and demotivating for the players but also add to the general dark cloud of doom hovering over the club. Essendon needs all the support it can get whenever it runs onto the field to support the players and uphold the passion for the club.

It would be terrible if Essendon supporters are not there in numbers at the G or Ethihad when they play.

Simply we need to move on. Focus on rebuilding this club together in every way. Essendon will not benefit from ongoing protests etc.

people don’t need to move on, and alot won’t. hell there’s alot that haven’t moved on from hird yet, and you want them to move on from this ?

said it before and i’ll keep saying it in the hope it sinks in to some at the club.

they need to find a way to help supporters show well support for the club and not the AFL at the same time.

if you ask people to move on from this and pretty much condone the actions of the AFL and everything else, they simply won’t. They’ll walk away from both because the EFC actually has to stand for something, not just exist.

as some others have said along the way, do you honestly think Collingwood or clubs is strong leadership would cop even a 1/4 of the ■■■■ we have over the last 4 years ? let alone accept it and move on.

again IMO more people will walk away from supporting the club if they fell they are actively continuing to support the afl by proxy.
people are already rats in a corrupt maze, they turn to sport to escape that reality, not intensify it.

There is no way to ‘hurt’ the CAS or WADA via football.

I live in Queensland, I get to see one game this year and show my support to players, it’s an away game. I’m going to do that.

Much rather we get to every single game and outnumber just about every other club home or away just like we’re supposed to. Might just be me.

Much as I detest the AFL, we need their support to help us get through the next couple of years so I would hold off on any grand gestures for the time being.

Don’t we split gate takings with Collingwood on Anzac Day?

The only message that not going when you otherwise would is that you’re a bit fickle.

I haven’t been to an away game the past two years.

I don’t understand this screw the afl attitude. what do you want them to do exactly ? Overturn the decision ? Shy away from asada and wada because they’ve been called in for something we did ? Then what , reinstate them once we are cleared ? The AFL did what it had to, you can’t not ignore what we did. They cleared us under their commission. That’s more than what anyone thought would happen.

So back to the point , it’d be dumb to abandon the boys in the away games. Firstly it provides more tickets for opposing fans to only boo us as a whole and believe me the seats will be full because who won’t wanna watch us get smashed. It’d be leaving the players to cop all sorts of noise.

We still get a commission of the revenue from both home and away games, though to back your case it doesn’t matter who comes through the turnstiles.

Aadly , I think that the novelty will wear off for turning up to our games anyway like it usually does. So this doesn’t really need to be said.

Such a fickle bunch of sour grape fans we are. I’d expect the same to happen to any other afl or sporting team , so put yourself on the other side of things. The AFL did the right thing. Now obviously Vlad seemed dodgey as fark so he bailed at the right time. I respect the AFL on how it was treated minus the running commentary.

I like the idea of doing anything that'll hurt the hip pockets of any other club and the AFL. And I was up for this 2 days ago. The only problem I see with this is that once opposition supporters get wind of it they'll turn up in droves to counter it.
Got to have supporters in order for them to turn up in droves.
Whilst I understand your logic, it doesn't help Essendon. Kicking goals to a silent stand will not only be demeaning and demotivating for the players but also add to the general dark cloud of doom hovering over the club. Essendon needs all the support it can get whenever it runs onto the field to support the players and uphold the passion for the club.

It would be terrible if Essendon supporters are not there in numbers at the G or Ethihad when they play.

Simply we need to move on. Focus on rebuilding this club together in every way. Essendon will not benefit from ongoing protests etc.

Only away games so I doubt it will be demotivating

There is no way to 'hurt' the CAS or WADA via football.

Exactly, but you can hurt the AFL

Understand the sentiment. But also want to support the players and show the world that we will not be broken.

Hmmmm.

Maybe we should print anti-AFL signs and hold them up at the games.

While I understand your anger I think we need to stay and support the players on the field

In an ideal world I’d have 10,000 at every training and not a single soul at away games.
Let the boys know we love them, show the AFL our utter disdain for them.
Sometimes you need to send a message in the only language your enemy knows; blood for blood.

I’ve had an AFL membership ever since they were introduced. This year I won’t. I’ll be getting an Essendon membership. Still undecided whether to get just a home game membership or a home and away. Nothing to do with results or cost. Just purely disgusted with the AFL’s role and handling of this debacle and their constant denials and inability to take an ounce of responsibility for their role in this turning out so badly.

I downgraded my membership after the Hird dismissal.

But stuff it. I’m gonna get a membership for the rest of the family. Then I’m going to buy a 3 game membership for all my Essendon hating mates who have been bagging me out the last 3 years.

Haha I like that ^

Personally I think we just move on and try to enjoy footy again.

If the players sue and we need to settle you may find that we need the AFL as much as they need us.

considering the drop off in attendance during last years season, do people honestly think they felt less supported in their fight ?

I’m not against people turning up, but i think it has more to do with them not wanting to feel guilty.
I can’t see players thinking after a game, gee we only 2 thousand people there, they mustn’t support us anymore, what’s the point on continuing to try.

I’ll be cheering us on from my couch (when I’m not at work) up here in Cairns and hoping that this team of mostly kids and cast-offs can pull off a few wins. I will continue to ignore the other teams and games.

I farking love this club and will always support it, but I absolutely despise the competition it plays in.