Vetoing away games for 2016

A targeted 1 off protest round would be more effective. I’d suggest round 9 against Stkilda is a great chance to send a message. It would really fark off Finnis which is a bonus.

Would have been a good year for the AFL to send essendon to Tassie for a match.
good euphemism but pretty sure they sent us to Tassie for the whole year
In an ideal world I'd have 10,000 at every training and not a single soul at away games. Let the boys know we love them, show the AFL our utter disdain for them. Sometimes you need to send a message in the only language your enemy knows; blood for blood.

I can see both sides of the argument here.
It would be bad for the players and for the club to have no supporters at away games.
If that were to be what we did, I would like to see a demonstration of support at those away games without actually attending.
For example, if 10,000 Essendon supporters gathered outside Etihad or the MCG to welcome the players at the point where they enter the ground, then before the start they were to migrate en masse to a viewing venue eg fed square, Tullamarine, any other big space anyone can think of, and watch the game on a big screen, it would demonstrate that there is still mass support for the team, just a protest against all non Essendon clubs and the AFL.
You could even donate the money you would have spent at the game direct to the club.
It might be a pipedream, but wouldn’t it be great to see a 15-20k crowd at a Bluedogs or Aints game, and about 10,000 at Tulla watching on the big screen, donating say 5000x$30=$150k to the club.

If you can go - do it.

The best protest is actually to show up in greater numbers. More voices supporting the team gets the message across.

Not too mention, not watching games (except Essendon Home) on TV. A huge drop in audiences could help push a far lower amount on the next TV rights. I'm not going to find this hard at all, the sport is ■■■■ and boring now anyway.

This would have worked had they not already signed a 6 year $2+ Billion deal last year

I was referring to the next one, but agree it’s a long shot to have any/much impact.

If you can go - do it.

The best protest is actually to show up in greater numbers. More voices supporting the team gets the message across.

Do you know what would get the message across better?

Round 8-10
35,000 at home to North.
12,000 away at Etihad to St Kilda
80,000 at home for Dreamtime at the 'G.

Personally I think we just move on and try to enjoy footy again.

If the players sue and we need to settle you may find that we need the AFL as much as they need us.

If (hopefully when) the players sue and the AFL is somehow not included in the suit, then the AFL should absolutely have to cover every red cent we can’t and they shouldn’t get a single “please” or “thankyou” for it.
Members and fans have been treated as an annoying afterthought throughout this, except when it comes to their wallets. The cries from the AFL (and club board) of “stick with club…you have to keep supporting” amount to “gives us your money and keep quiet, or you’ll be a bad fan to your club”.
These calls preclude any ability to distinguish support for the players and club itself, while making clear our disdain and outright protest at those who’ve acted reprehensibly and should be held accountable.
Its not the fault of fans, who want to protest, that there are few avenues to separately provide support to the players.
If all I can do, to hurt those I deem responsible and/or irresponsible, is hit there hip pocket, then I for one will do it.
While there was a league wide concerted effort, the supporter groups in the A-League have shown that we don’t have to be powerless. Hopefully some smart person can come up with something that can be done here.

I’m with Pazza (!!) Outnumber the opposition.

Imagine being a supporter of another club and, despite all we have been through, we still have more supporters there than you.

It would make you feel your club is pretty irrelevant.

Build the momentum for next year. Support the players. Support the club.

If you can go - do it.

Round 8-10
35,000 at home to North.

Yes…THIS!

If you can go - do it.

Round 8-10
35,000 at home to North.

This x 1000000.
Bring it!!

■■■■ the other teams. Bunch of feral monkeys. Def not attending any of the away games.

Whilst I understand your logic, it doesn't help Essendon. Kicking goals to a silent stand will not only be demeaning and demotivating for the players but also add to the general dark cloud of doom hovering over the club. Essendon needs all the support it can get whenever it runs onto the field to support the players and uphold the passion for the club.

It would be terrible if Essendon supporters are not there in numbers at the G or Ethihad when they play.

Simply we need to move on. Focus on rebuilding this club together in every way. Essendon will not benefit from ongoing protests etc.

people don’t need to move on, and alot won’t. hell there’s alot that haven’t moved on from hird yet, and you want them to move on from this ?

said it before and i’ll keep saying it in the hope it sinks in to some at the club.

they need to find a way to help supporters show well support for the club and not the AFL at the same time.

if you ask people to move on from this and pretty much condone the actions of the AFL and everything else, they simply won’t. They’ll walk away from both because the EFC actually has to stand for something, not just exist.

as some others have said along the way, do you honestly think Collingwood or clubs is strong leadership would cop even a 1/4 of the ■■■■ we have over the last 4 years ? let alone accept it and move on.

again IMO more people will walk away from supporting the club if they fell they are actively continuing to support the afl by proxy.
people are already rats in a corrupt maze, they turn to sport to escape that reality, not intensify it.

It’s not about condoning what’s happened at all. You said that. I’m saying that it’s likely to do your head in seeking revenge rather than focussing on the future. Essendon can’t afford to continue fighting or blaming others. Ultimately Essendon was the most culpable and has paid a very high price. Continuing the negative energy simply won’t achieve any tangible benefits.

If you want the club to move on and succeed then join in. We are now at a point where we will have to accept any injustices, unfair focus and narrative as its too far down the track and deep seated to change people’s minds. Example the public response to Hirds HS interview today. Sad but true. If you want it to dwell in this mess longer then boycotting the AFL, and by extension Essendon is a logical way to do this.

If you can’t move on, and I can understand why you would hold this view, them that’s a shame. However, boycotting Essendon away games won’t help Essendon at all.

I’ll be going to every Melbourne game.

Just think the negatives outweigh the positives by a fair bit with this train of thought.

If you can go - do it.

Round 8-10
35,000 at home to North.

I agree - the only problem is, which ever team got wind of a possible boycott they would use it as a marketing ploy to get more people to the games… Can’t win. I’m just going the no away game option. And only watching essendon on TV

Let’s give our team - Kyle fkg Langford et al. a huge away ground disadvantage.

That’ll show the AFL.

Quite clearly the club and most importantly the players have recognised the overwhelming support offered by Essendon members and supporters. A boycott of a single game does not undo this and would be recognised for what it is. I am a WA member so I will get to the games I can but I would support selecting a single game for a no show. Perhaps against a team not impacted by the suspensions and following an open training session which could be supported by large numbers.

There is no way to 'hurt' the CAS or WADA via football.

Play the suspended players?

FFS we support the EFC. That means if we are able to support the club and players at every game then that’s what we do. Everything else is irrelevant.

I’ll be doing my best to get to Rd1. Don’t think I’ll be taking my boys (6 & 2) as I don’t think it will be the best atmosphere for them all things considered.

Where does all the revenue from the food, drinks and merchandise go to once the stall holder gets their takings? Would a boycott on buying anything at the ground hit the AFL in any way?

FFS we support the EFC. That means if we are able to support the club and players at every game then that's what we do. Everything else is irrelevant.

Exactly.