VFL practice match vs Sandy @ The Hangar, 11AM Saturday 3 April 2021

Like many here, we all wonder whether Hird has it. We need to remember that the kid has probably only played a couple of dozen games of footy total, regardless of who his old man is, having gone down the soccer route. I am really looking forward to see how he develops this year with hopefully, a game every week.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve liked what Iā€™ve seen today.

3 Likes

Several attempts to attack that quarter but we turn it over way too easily.

Back line held up fairly well

Zaka with a few more touches that quarter. 22-50. Worries there will be a blow out next quarter when they get the breeze back. Gleeson has been solid so far. Eyre has been presenting but entry to the forward line has been putrid.
Almost no AFL players here today looking on. Gia just rocked up

we probably dont even know each others namesā€¦

hi my name is ??? can you kick it to meā€¦

dont even play the same way as the seniors

HOW CAN YOU DEVELOP PLAYERS WITH THIS FARCE!

1 Like

Yep he has been good today young Hirdy down back, some nice marks and then disposal to open up play.

Hopefully he comes on with some regular game time and regular team mates around him.

8 Likes

Get on down, itā€™s the best game youā€™ll see today

5 Likes

Playing the role Cahill has been playing in the backline?

Wish I could, unfortunately it is a minimum 7 1/2 hours from my place, 1 hour to the airport, 1/2 hour at the airport with only carry on, 4 1/2 hour flight time Perth to Melbourne, 0 - 30 minutes waiting for transport, 1 hour to the game

1 Like

Goal to us

2 Likes

Stop exaggerating. You could walk it quicker than that.

1 Like

You are right, missed the fact that it was being played at the Hangar. For Some reason I thought it was Sandringham, maybe the wind.

2 Likes

Would really like to know how Phillips and Bryan are going.

Are they both spending time in the ruck and up forward?

Does one of them stand out as having more impact than the other?

Thanks

1 Like

I donā€™t think Phillips is playing

1 Like

70 Bakes? for us taking charge of the backline

1 Like

Zaka is getting a bit of space and is getting busy. Some nice kicks inside 50

1 Like

Handballs?

3 Likes

34 63

Another clearance and inside 50 to Zaka. Nice delivery to eyre but just couldnā€™t take the mark

1 Like