VFL Practice Matches 2017 - last game was Sat April 8 at Punt Road

How many afl players will play in the VFL on Friday, March 17 - Away v Geelong, Kardinia Park, 6:30pm?

1 Like

Hoping for Hooker, Belly and Franga. Would be nice to see Redman, Morgan and many of the 2016 draft crop get a gig too.

2 Likes

More interest in this prac game now in lead up to R1 senior team v Hawks. Will there be any type of live coverage on Friday night? Or is anybody going to the game who is planning to provide updates to blitz or post game review?

Ummm…

Are you new here …??

4 Likes

I’ll be there. I’ll try keep an eye on the Hot Chip situation but if I’m disappointed I’ll probably let you know how Cale is going

5 Likes

Nah man, just the hot chip situation should suffice.

1 Like

5 Likes

ok click on BB

Just gotta press/click on it

1 Like

is sam draper the only other ruck to help
tom?

■■■ Sammy Draper is playing. Someone please keep an eye on the kid.

2 Likes

The Geelong Luke Davis is not our Luke Davis, BTW.

2 Likes

That’s a decent looking team. I’m gunna go. Chips ahoy!

2 Likes

No Morgan or Redman unfortunately

Morgan is injured

With this game having so many senior players looking for their first pre season hit out, and the huge interest in it due to the need for Chook & T Bell to be up for Round 1, … as well as it being a game between Ess & Geelong, with the whole country game “spectacular” to promote, as well as the “March”, not to mention the m/ship drive etc, … it’s surprising the club have not organised a streamcast of it.

Would also have been a good opportunity for the VFL webcast crew to get a pre season “Dry” run for their upcoming 2017 efforts.

I’ll be there tonight. Will try to do a review instead of DJR-esque updates. I’m going with a mate who doesn’t do social media of any description and hates people staring at their phone all day. Yeah I know…weirdo!

5 Likes

Pretty strong side for us, could only see Motlop for them as a genuine best 22 player.

B: McNeice Ferry Francis
HB; McKenna Hartley Dea
C: Heppell Hocking Howlett
HF: Merrett Bellchambers Long
F:Green Hooker Clarke
R:Draper O’Brien Bird
Int: Mutch, Holmes, Hind,

Its unfortunate Laverde & Myers are out and has reduced our depth.
Has McKernan been elevated yet?
Also will give Long a shot at being elevated if Laverde added to the LTI list.
Maybe Draper if our ruck stocks get further Depleted. :slight_smile:

I would like to see Francis back as a rebounding intercept marking tall defender. Even though he has been training as a forward.

ozgar uysal - i think he was eligible as a muticultural rookie last year.

1 Like

Hind, eh?

Mckenna is already on the senior list.