VFL Practice Matches 2017 - last game was Sat April 8 at Punt Road

Apologies DJR, should have checked this sub forum. 16 listed players potentially playing and half a dozen staking claims for a round 1 AFL match makes it a reasonably big event I reckon.

1 Like

For those going to the game, the best Chips can be found here -

http://www.zakisfishandgrill.com.au/

2 Likes

Someone said in the other thread this should have been a dry run webcast for the season proper. Am I missing something? Are all our games being webcast? Awesome if true.

Good to see Draper and Mutch playing. McNiece too. Shame no Redman.

From EFC website:

ā€œEssendon fans will be kept up to date via the Clubā€™s social media channels and BomberTV and Radio 3DJR.ā€

13 Likes

paging @theDJR

I assume not, but is there any radio coverage of this game?

Not sure itā€™s a massive issue, but interesting to see the Guernsey numbers for the VFL listed players are those not being used by the AFL players. Geelong looks to have theirs set.

Are they waiting to finalise the VFL squad before they give out numbers? Or is the club not having numbers for VFL players, and they just use the jumpers not used by the AFL boys.

I hope they do, chopping and changing every week is annoying. Quite like seeing the 50ā€™s, 60ā€™s, 70ā€™s and 80ā€™s run around. Hopefully this changes.

Wish I was going. Keen to see Mutch, think thereā€™s something about him.

2 Likes

Where is Geelongā€™s team list? I canā€™t read the one above.

Pretty safe bet giving them numbers like 4,6,18 etc. Pretty sure Coghlan used to wear number 5 didnā€™t he?

Give Aaron Heppell 21 for the proper season.

He had 62 Iā€™m pretty sure

1 Like

I just preferred it when they had their own number. Iā€™m being a bit pedantic.

Jobe wears #4 whatever he plays. Thatā€™s his number.

Azz had 51 last year, thatā€™s his number.

I think I need to get out more.

1 Like

Thatā€™s true. Maybe it was someone else back in the Bendigo days- Cloke perhaps?

1 Like

If there is an alliance with another club, then fair enough.

Since weā€™ve gone back to a stand-alone VFL team, I think weā€™ve always done it this way, the VFL boys get a number not used by the AFL team. Got a feeling Benny Duscher wore 13 when we didnā€™t have a 13.

Iā€™d like to see this continue.

Woosha says he is going down the road to watch it, so I would say yes. its a big one.

2 Likes

A ā€˜mateā€™, eh?
:wink: :wink: :wink:

Donā€™t forget to provide update on my HOT CHIP FETISH :fries:

3 Likes

Iā€™m making hot chips at home tonight in solidarity.

It wonā€™t be the same :disappointed:

3 Likes

Chicken and chips at my joint tonight. Chips are always good.

2 Likes

First time here at the cattery. Ground is in perfect nick. Sighted belly and hooks. Draper is a monster btw.

8 Likes