VFL Practice Matches 2017 - last game was Sat April 8 at Punt Road

Gotta go, stuff to do. Thanks to DJR and other boundary riders.

Think a few of these guys might get a go when we have 5 day break between Collingwood and Melbourne - we could have about 30 players over both games.

1 Like

I miss that guy. Remind me what he died of? Rogue boomerang?

Contributions from nearly everyone, AFL and VFL-listed. Clearly Stewart’s best game for us.

Cheers to everyone in our group in the stand, even the Fark Carltoner whose son was playing for the Tiggers.

Francis didn’t get amongst the goals but it seemed all his touches resulted in them.

Merrett van Unened the last quarter, after kicking 5.1 in the first three from a variety of positions.

It was news to us that Bird had 25 touches in the first half. Didn’t notice him in the second half either!

Morgan took a decent step back to relevance. Hartley did whatever he wanted. Dea was mostly good. Bellchambers has lots of miles in the legs. Didn’t rest forward, went to bench.

15 Likes

There was one place in High St Northcaote years ago, run by the 3rd generation Greek family that started it. I don’t know if it still exists.

I know most are just out of the bag jobs now, but I grew up next door to F&C shops, (we owned milkbars for a while), and they used to tumble the spuds, de eye them, and do a first fry out back before they went out front, to be 2nd cooked and sold. I used to do those jobs after school for some P/money for a while too. I hadn’t thought about that, but I guess this is where the obsession comes from.

1 Like

How many did Stewart kick? 6? That’s huge

Cleaning toilet bowels also stops children biting fingernails.

4 Likes

Won by 10 goals but its not all good news.
Looking at afl players:

Stewart was bog by the length of the footy field. 6 goals (lost count) 2 or more assists, from outside 50.
Bellchambers. Rucked 85% of game, against lots of opponents, only one of which was any good as ruckman. Did some work around the ground. Probably 6 clearances as well, when his opponent was bumped out of it.
Bird. Best clearance player for us. Very good game.
Clarke played at a lot of stoppages, bird got the ball so much clarke did not get more than 1 to 2 clearances, i am not seeing signs of an imminent breakout.
Mutch. Played outside mid (wing) got plenty ofhis own ball, generally disposed ofthe ball well.
Long. Cog in the machine that drove the team forward. No facy stuff just a good solid game on the wing.
Hartley. Good down back teamed well with Ferry,Ferry was really good, originating a lot of the drive off half back.
Mc Niece. Goodgame. Not as outstanding as last week. Combined well with Morgan .
Morgan. Run, acceleration, good handball, and good decisions. Best game I have seen him play.
Francis. Fitness is not the issue. Cannot get into the game. Cant get into a position to mark. Played as a mid in the last 10 minutes and looked better.
Jerret. Busy opportunist in the forward line , kicked about 4 goals .

It was a good team win, with generally good footskills and decision making and a lot of ferocious tackling by us. Richmond got the ball down into their 50 a lot but could not convert as well as us.

6 Likes

How far away are we with the panic button on this bloke?

I had dinner at his restaurant a week ago, and wasn’t impressed.

Hang on, 1 poster saying he was ineffective but several others saying he set up a large percentage of goals. Which is it?
I refuse to panic on him as I know what he is capable of

2 Likes

He was good last week. It wasn’t 100% working but he was still a big contributor.

More on Mutch? Is he still building? What did he do well/poorly?

1 Like

And by Freezer, @chris_64 means Ferry.

2 Likes

From the description, I thought he kicked 3 and gave away another 2 or 3.

To clarify: he wasn’t involved much. But just about every time he was, we goaled.

3 Likes

Was going to take the Mrs for her birthday. So you wouldn’t recommend?

Langford innit

“Not exactly fit nor regularly impactful but capable not all that tall key forward” reminds of someone and that gets me more excited.

Jacovich

Was Jerrett in the midfield or just the forward line?