VFL - Round 1 vs Bears @ Moreton Bay Sports Complex, 12noon Saturday 17 April 2021

If you think you’re going to be sprawled on the couch like a sloth on Saturday (like I will be), you are grossly mistaken.

Get your ar*e down there !

2 Likes

I’m going off our internal game day memo, don’t know when or why the change happened and haven’t had confirmation of it beyond that I’m afraid.

2 Likes

Ha, VFLW Port Melbourne and Norf now also show up as blank teams in the app (and hence if they are the home team the game is also played at Newport Railway Station).

According to the Moreton Bay Council facebook page the game is at Burpengary at 12 noon on Saturday
https://www.facebook.com/events/2878462232367922/

1 Like

VFL team finally gaining some credibility.

3 Likes

Guess the move was due to aflw granny with the Lions

Any chance you can the water too then?

1 Like

I played there once -we got absolutely pumped, but on a different note, from memory they have good canteen facilities so the potential for quality hot chips is high.

4 Likes

This is good news!

1 Like

Holy cow, that’s a lot of kids.

Just as an aside,

Moreton Bay Bugs are incredibly delicious.

5 Likes

@Uncle_Chris Do you have any suggestions for parking at or near the ground?

From what i recall you have to turn off the main road and then it is a large sporting complex with several fields and parking areas. There was definitely parking at the AFL field - but the number of parks available was ok for Community Footy not sure it will do for a VFL game. May be able to park at the other fields or on the side of the roads within the complex and walk over

1 Like

Thanks @Uncle_Chris
Can see some parking on Google maps. Hopefully they’re prepared for some spill over spots.

1 Like

Looks like community footy is still being held there too on Saturday. Possibly on one of the other ovals, but those people will have to park as well. There’s a Colts game at 9am and Reserves at 1 and Seniors at 3

1 Like

If needed, the nearer car park on the other side of the road is 500 metres walk away. Footpath exists.

1 Like

It will be ok. They’ve held AFL pre-season games there before so there should be some sort of parking solutions.

1 Like

It takes a real weirdo to travel out into the bush to find this kind of match. Especially with the threat of running into @aboods.

2 Likes