VFL - Round 12 vs Box Hill Dorks @ Box Hill, 2.10pm Sunday 24th June 2018

Laverde reminds me a bit of Caddy.
He will take time.

5 Likes

Got to watch the VFL for the first time this year, it was great to see the kids play.

Now I can see why BZT and Hind have big wraps on them, ditto Draper with the latter moving really well across the ground. Is obviously still working on his ruck but the signs are there.

Really liked Laverdeā€™s aggression and Mutchā€™s class. I can see Long still likes to try to be flashy at times - I donā€™t think thatā€™ll help him push for a spot in the seniors, so hope he sorts that out.

Ridley and Francis, how the hell can you fit them in for this week? Francis gotta play for mine.

2 Likes

Cheers Tombob appreciate that, theyā€™re a terrific group. Hopefully we can make it worth the haul!

3 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly. Buddha is an absolute ripper.

Iā€™d go out on a limb, and prepared for someone with actual input, but Dan Jordan looks like a really good operator. Iā€™d suggest heā€™s as much the reason for the good VFL form, but in a different way. Seems really measured, and hearing his addresses he keeps things simple, and makes moves when he needs to. Good coach, good leadership, hopefully a successful team.

2 Likes

Impressed with Dan Jordan and his quarter time huddle footage. Seems to give clear and direct messages and has a bit of presence to himself. Hopefully he stays in that VFL gig for a couple of years because our young guys seem to have come on a bit this year.

3 Likes

@Paul_Cousins, getting ahead of myself again but if we finish top two do we even have access to Windy Hill in the first week of the VFL finals?

The EDFL had it booked on the same weekend last year.

2 Likes

I thought BZT was having a bit of a stinker, and that last quarter was terrific. For a young, skinny kid to win two critical contests at full-back suggests heā€™s the best thing ever to come from Murray Bridge.

Iā€™m rapt with yesterdayā€™s win. A good, tough win against a good opponent on their home deck. A good mixture of good performances from young players, and experience stood up when it was needed.

Casey will be tough next week. Theyā€™re in ripping nick, we might lose a couple because of injuries, and weā€™re off a six-day break.

I canā€™t wait.

1 Like

I asked the same thing.

Used to be a circus midget with a pretty good snap kick in those days

Bridge > Cross = if/when :wink:

Iā€™m really not sure, but too much to play out for me to worry about that yet.

1 Like

Just confirming that next week has been moved from 1200 at Windy Hill to 2.10 at Craigeburn?

1 Like

All true, but Iā€™m scared heā€™s gunna break at the first collision at senior level.

It was never at Windy Hill I donā€™t think, that was a misprint doing the rounds. The time has changed because weā€™re again the broadcast game next week. So yep, 2:10 at Craigieburn.

4 Likes

Hindy might be built like a whippet but heā€™s actually extremely strong in the contest. Much like Thatch he hits the contest with momentum and is aggressive which makes up for some of his lack of weight. Not to say both wonā€™t fill out and benefit from it in the future, but watching them play you wonā€™t see them thrown off the contest easily.

2 Likes

VFLW part of the double-header was originally after the VFL ā€” now reversed.

1 Like

Those surprised at Nick Hind, be aware that he played a very good year in 2017, mainly as a run and carry player off half back won a spot in the VFL state squad, and was listed in the draft but not one of 18 clubs picked him up. Now he has backed it up this year, but is he still seen as being too skinny for AFL level?,

Would be a perfect last round draft pick for any club ( ideally EFC ). Can play straight away

2 Likes

I was surprised Hind wasnā€™t picked up.

Not sure what the knock is on him, but is full attack all the time.

Great impact player to make things happen.

Highlights are up on the Essendon website

Donā€™t get too attached to Hind, while Dodoro is considering him for a rookie spot he will probably get snapped up late in the National.