VFL - Round 5 vs North @ Windy Hill, 12noon Saturday 5 May 2018

I’m here because at least we get some effort from our VFL players.

2 Likes

Talk fanta to me. Please.

Please tell me we have like 10 guys pushing for senior selection

5 Likes

We have 10 in the AFL team pushing hard to make our AFLW team. Does that count?

1 Like

You mean they don’t want to play at all?

Also, VFLW team says “get nicked”.

1 Like

My thoughts…

The 3rd quarter malaise hit these guys too. We just weren’t switched on for the first 10 or so minutes in the 3rd. But then it changed. A few intercept marks from Franga, Fanta coming on and Buddha doing his thing.

Clarke developing nicely as a mid. Spending time on the inside and outside.

Draper- love him! He was working hard and getting taps to advantage. He spent some time off the ground and Smack got monstered by their ruck.

Long - was good but I th8nk sometimes he see too many options and then doubts the situation. He did loads of good things today.

Smack - he really is a beast in VFL.

Fanta couldn’t wait to get on and was coaching from the sidelines. We definitely sparked up when he was on. He had a good solid half and let the other team know it.

Franga was doing loads of good things intercepting, creating space and a few shepherds too. Coming along nicely.

Langers, was doing exactly what he should. No probs.

There were a couple of amazing passages of play that generally started from the backline with Franga and resulted in scores. Just wish we could kick better sometimes.

The usual VFL suspects played well.

Overall a good game and I like seeing North get smashed. It’s good for my soul.

34 Likes

TL:DR showed more ticker than the afl team.

2 Likes

BRING THEM IN

2 Likes

Is our VFL game plan completely different to the AFL one?

Reading the commentary it seems they are coached differently and are asked to play differently.

Did Franga run out the game? Fitness has been his problem. Since the seaon is over get him in the AFL asap.

I think he finished on the bench but it was just the rotation we were up to.

1 Like

It would be the same game plan

2 Likes

Something I really want to know as well. Which is the better plan or is it the different coaching staff

If it’s not the same plan what’s the point of having your own VFL team. It would be incomprehensible for it not to be.

1 Like

spewing i didn’t go to this, but the cold i’ve got ended up in more torture watching that other team.

So how come the vfl side is more than able to follow the game plan and win well but the seniors can’t l

Great question

There are about 12 guys in our senior side who are crap, and 6 who run around like self entitled idiots

5 Likes

Name names Ben!

2 Likes

well that’s 18/22, probably easier to just name the 4 who get a pass.