VFL - Round 9 vs Tiggers @ MCG, 2:30pm Sat 20 May 2023

Didnt watch the game but how the ■■■■ you lose from there fmd what a loser club

i’d rather win tonight.

That wasn’t the highest quality VfL match.

Hayes impressed me a bit today stood up in defence.
Along with Montgomerie.

Munkara, Wanganeen VOSS all had nice moments.
but we lacked more experience throw in a snelling or Guelfi in the last and probably enough to get the win.

When we get in front we get scared, go into our shells and want our team mates to do it for us.

I said this a few weeks ago and got shut down. It’s true, this club have to start winning these games. It just instills the belief that they can be a good team. We just can’t manage to take that step yet. Deflating.

1 Like

Essendon been a mentaly fragile team for over a decade

2 Likes

When this club realises that football is played over 4 quarters - not 3 they win win a game or 2.

It’s as if we’re scared of winning. As soon as we kicked the first two of the last we went into game saving mode instead of game winning mode. We were losing that from the moment they kicked 2 and got it back to a 3 goal margin.

That aside there were a lot of individual highlights.

Bryan really stood up well in the ruck and looks a lot stronger. His running patterns and positioning are well ahead of Draper’s honestly.

Munkara is starting to believe he belongs out there.

Voss is so strong in a ground ball contest and his field kicking was surprisingly exceptional. Set up several scoring opportunities with excellent field kicking.

Guelfi will be a welcome addition to the senior team before long.

13 Likes

What the actual ■■■■? I started watching 22nd minute mark last quarter and then turned off as had to log off.
Came back to see how much we won by???
This club is the absolute pits at times, mostly during the season!

2 Likes

I expect the same result tonight with the seniors

Leading at ht with all the momentum and then roll over in the second half and lose

Loser club

They will manage to put 3 quarters together but they cannot play 4 quarters.

We were able to beat gold coast in the pre-season by 5 pts when we only had to play 5/6ths

1 Like

We need an external review.

1 Like

Something needs to be done its become a concerning trend both in the vfl and afl

We are just so ■■■■ scared to win, particularly against Collingwood and Richmond and Sydney at the scg. Any time we are up in the last quarter, i just know 100 percent we’ll roll over and lose in miraculous fashion.

4 Likes

Careful you might become “one of us” calling for Voss to get a game.

18 Likes

Agreed. I cannot recall us being any good since we moved to that thing at Tulla.

1 Like

Cant wait whats in store for us tonight

I had my “you’re welcome, gloomers” post ready, till someone sniped me.

1 Like

It won’t be a pleasant evening.

1 Like