VFL Signings - Season 2024

Rosa and Vozzo off and running getting Xavier O’Neill in to add a bit of AFL experience to the program. He should be pretty solid at that level.

It will be interesting to see who else we get on board. It seems like we are going to be prioritising putting together a far more competitive VFL side.

23 Likes

About time

5 Likes

We should be concentrating our efforts on strong contested players. Not just midfielders, but other key areas aswell.

1 Like

Another tassie Boy, wonder if he knows Menzie?

nup, was thinking of Mitch O’Neill

2 Likes

This is awesome, if only because it seems we have started VFL recruitment much earlier this year.

Previous years it felt like we waited until everyone else had full squads and then did a bit of a ring-around to see whether those left without a club might want to pull on the boots for another year.

59 Likes

This :point_up_2:

5 Likes

Concur.

Great to see.

1 Like

hang on, are we investing in the vfl program?! cara to coach and now recruiting players before March, what’s going on!?

32 Likes

Crazy times we live in

1 Like

I always liked our strategy of signing VFL players 3-4 weeks before the season started.

4 Likes

Perfect sort of pickup really

6 Likes

Perhaps we should enquire about the availability of Voss and Snelling for the VFL side?

4 Likes

Great news this.
Bombers finally getting with the need to invest in our VFL. 2024 could be a big one.

1 Like

It’s almost like, and I am reluctant to speak too soon, that our footy club is valuing being good at football.

4 Likes

What is that you speak of?

2 Likes

Question for the VFL/training watchers - does the VFL squad train with the AFL squad, or do they train seperately? Is there any cross-over between the two?

I’d like to think that there would be a reasonable level of cross-over to increase development opportunity for those trying to make an AFL list. Which in turn may help to lure DFA guys looking for a second chance, and increase the quality of the group.

1 Like

why would they do? what’s in it for them, makes zero sense.

1 Like

X gon give it to ya

A good quality pickup, tells me we’re actually thinking about the VFL program now. Which itself is a joke it’s taken this long after years of neglect, but better late than never…

If you look at the top VFL teams they all have strong performing midfielders. We at the best of times seem to have Tsatas/Hobbs rotating with bush league midfielders so we need bolstering in this department. Tom Phillips was a failure performance wise and we lost Narkle and had precious few contributing in the middle.

I have a feeling we’re going to draft some forwards this draft, so I hope we can add some quality VFL midfielders like O’Neill to get them supply and further their development than it’s a bonus.

4 Likes