VFLW - Round 1 vs Box Hill @ The Hangar, 11am Sun 26 March 2023

one thing no one has mentioned is we now have an AFLW team, VFLW is now a development conduit for us, no longer a win at all costs to give our program some credibility, that comes from the amount of players we have on AFLW lists now

2 Likes

Fair enougth but still dosent give him a right to call me a moron i dont sit here and insult people

Rioli and Radford catch up.

You insult the players every time you question their endeavour.

1 Like

Yeah like im the only one that does :roll_eyes: every footy fan does it

Most learn over time, though.

Footscray lead Casey 28-24 in the third quarter.

Because Hawthorn surrendered their licence to Box Hill, I expect the ladder will have us seventh rather than sixth.

We’re in the six!

2 Likes

Thanks to all the reporters

1 Like

My pix:

https://www.gettyimages.com.au/search/2/image?events=775956554&family=editorial

2 Likes

Maddi Wilson goaled.

Saregent is a full-forward and not particularly small!

100!

When all is lost, get Crook in.

Good speech from La Presidenta!

That’s Nalder’s leg in the blue and white.

5 Likes

Mia-Rae botched her release and the pennant stopped on the ledge. Had to give it a shake to free it :rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks, just got home didn’t have time to do what you did for me :wink:

So pretty

Oops! Get better soon

You were meant to do the pedicure first!

1 Like

The single most important thing we need to do before April 4th is to…

… draft Maddie Boyd. Will lock in back-to-back VFLW premierships, and might help the AFLW team too :slight_smile:

Both teams had clear opportunities to win today, but did not.

So I’ve seen at least a smidgen of every team bar Footscray this year, and while our team is MUCH younger/less experienced than last year, I’d say we’re still right up there (and the Hawks are #1).

Boyd has kicked 7 of the Hawk’s 10 goals over the past fortnight to deny us winning both games. See my post above for the easiest and best way to solve that.

We have plenty of scope to gel/improve as a team. Losing Borg from the ruck hurts, but Meg Ryan was the best I’ve seen from her today. Her and Krystal Russell are still novices, and Cornish ain’t the answer.

Take out our experienced defenders (Ugle, Clarke, Crook, Morcom) and we didn’t get much ball today. That needs to be worked on. Barba just 11 today, Dicker 7 (perhaps not at 100% health) and plenty of newbies with minimal impact (e.g. Huta, Davidge, MadGray).

Tierney on 22 was a lot busier than I perceived. Sargent doesn’t look great in the stats, but in the last two games I can absolutely see why she was the Victorian junior top goal-kicker. If the delivery improves, she will kick plenty.

While I can’t point to a long list of individual winners today, I can say the sum was absolutely greater than its parts. Even when we were nominally being over-run, we applied enough team pressure to ensure the better squad couldn’t actually run away with it.

That’s worth a hell of a lot, especially in the context that we were overtly the younger and less experienced team.

2 Likes

Two different views:

1 Like
2 Likes