VFLW - Round 1 vs Dawks @ Windy Hill, 1pm Sunday 6 May 2018

21-53

HERE WE GO.

21-54

Boooo

Unfortunately their 24 is one who can kick. Slots it from forty on the run.

21-60

Not sure if Hawthorn is flooding or we’re going downfield chasing kicks. Several times we’ve bombed long to no one, contrary to the usual discipline of one-on-one.

Well, … not a great first outing, … but there’s definitely plenty of spirit and potential there.

May take a while before the game plan “Gels” … hehe

2 Likes

Siren

3.3.21 loses to 8.12.60

1 Like

Huddle on ground to discuss what went right.

Presumably we will be a much more legit chance versus Melb Uni next weekend… again, watch second half of that or first half versus Fark Carlton?

I suspect I know which will be more painful.

2 Likes

Did Hird or Long play?

No. Both were present though. Stephanie is about 10th percentile age-wise in our squad so you may be waiting a bit.

2 Likes

Sorry about that. Just heard the video stream back now and yeah, super distorted.

Listening back to our laptop recording of the audio only (different from the video stream) we seemed to be fine with levels for the radio. Did anyone just tune into the radio only stream - keen to know if you had any problems.

From what I can figure out early - as they took out feed as an XLR cable into their camera, then their streaming laptop - they (the video stream crew) might have had our input to high. They were trying to listen through earbuds only, which ain’t ideal!

Thought the girls did really well today against a team a year deep in their career already. Was pumped to see how many people came out to support them - one of the players even thanked people for coming down and watching them play as they came off the ground.

You could see them start to get better as the game went on. Big fan of Mackrill also - lets see if we can keep her in Melbourne at the end of the year!

Really disappointed I won’t be able to be there next week.

3 Likes

Oh! And thought Longy’s niece - Danielle Ponter - did some good things too!

2 Likes

You could see the difference a year in development means. But, we started to get things flowing in Q4. Very promising start. Lots to look forward to.

Thanks for getting some of us participating in the guard of honour. That was a privilege.

3 Likes

Oh you were in it? GREAT! It was a really nice touch - history making.

1 Like

@Catherine_Lio did we wear the wrong number(s) today (e.g. Morecroft in 16), or are the EFC and VFL websites wrong?

This was the number she was presented @DJR

#23 Playing Assistant Coach -
Lauren Morecroft”

1 Like

Hmmm.

I have assumed the radio call wasn’t lying to me. Were they?

She looks like this

For the record, the non-beardy one.

6 Likes

Yep, that looks like our full-back who wore #16 today.

1 Like