VFLW - Round 1 vs Dawks @ Windy Hill, 1pm Sunday 6 May 2018

Phew …:worried:

1 Like

Stats are up in the new VFL app.

Ponter (massive marketing failure by the club revealed above) tops score, kicks, disposals, and DreamTeam for us.

It’s not a high-disposal type of game, with just four Dawks ahead of Ponter’s 15.

Bullass the top tackler (for either team) with 9, ahead of Hardy on 5.

Game is available on Youtube.

The game being extensively videotaped means Morecroft will definitely get off her report at 43:15 — as I said at the time, there would be 20 other clashes heavier than that in this game.

First ever score: skip to 47:05 (brutal collision, awful kick)

Moreau tackle: 1:21:10

First ever goal: start at 1:32:30 (warning: you will see a shepherd, an awesome blind turn/protecting her body from Mackrill, and Moreau and others standing up for team mates… not the Essendon Brand)

Mackrill belting someone at a stoppage (‘cause why not?) and then conning the blonde ump into reversing the free: 1:50:20 (what a deadset moron he was)

Second goal: start at 1:58:15

Third goal: start at 1:59:55, it starts as a virtual duplicate of the previous goal before Moreau just keeps going and going and going… I make it she ran past 13 players to kick that goal.

(Guess who my favourite and second favourite players are!)

1 Like

Yeah, Lauren Morecroft was wearing #16.

Every year prior (playing for Diamond Creek) she wore #23.

1 Like

Lisa Williams © was also on the Coodabeens on the weekend (available on the ABC website or podcasting).

Different viewpoint for first goal:

Belated introductory puff piece promoting three players: highlighted because it made me notice heavyweight forward/midfielder Mackrill is only 18yo… she is going to be terrifying as she adds even more strength and endurance. Just needs to avoid suspension…

2 Likes

Is she bigger than Hannah Mouncey? Judd and Wilson don’t think it is fair that Mouncey is allowed to play at VFL level.

Nah, she’s only 168cm but brick shithouse and skilled.

We do have a 17yo at 185cm on the list though. If she’s still growing and not slender…

EDIT: did some stalking, Bridie Winbanks has a medium build.

1 Like

Very good :slightly_smiling_face: