VFLW - Round 13 vs Saints @ Trevor Barker Oval, 10:15AM Saturday 21 May 2022

Mistress Quigley is adorable.

1 Like

I bet you didn’t expect a goat wearing a nappy today.

Some nice lyricism in this post (Celie Hay?)

And then the commentator ruins it by saying “Frederica” :rage:

1 Like

Lost the inside fifties, but they didn’t have a Frew or Clifford.

Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 3.38.46 pm

I do not recall us ever winning the hit-outs like this:

Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 3.40.07 pm

1 Like

Hannah Stuart was 3rd on the fantasy points, Winnie Laing 9th.

@simmo41, Hosking ranked least productive :crazy_face:

my talent id skills are still undefeated

1 Like

I call CONSPIRACY!

The Norf-Dogs video has gone down, and SUDDENLY Norf kick two goals to lead 26-14 at three quarter time.

Let the poor bastards win one game!

LOL. Norf kicked 6.0.36 to 0.1.1 after I pointed out they were lame.

Oh Footscray… if you beat Fark Carlton next week in the final round, it will all have been worth it!

Let’s try this again… it’s happening!

Norf could yet knock the Pies out of the finals, if they lose this.

Nope, again, a big switch and the Pies win 41-26. Unless there are massive percentage-swinging results next week, the Pies have locked up sixth (but no more than that).

P.S. Totally missed this, but I guess the mysterious Rebecca McDonagh (33yo this past week) is not going to play, given similar-height 17yo Emily Everist stole her #34 jumper in this game.

Cats beat Willy 52-17. Most that margin came in the last 21 minutes of the game.

So, with one round left:

When we were 0-13 I was harsh saying “wake up”. It was a good hard contest by both teams, and if you give the Saints just a bit off space they were dangerous.

Anthony had the bandaged hand from the start of the game, not that it stopped her in any apparent way. Some contested wins for her early.

(The bandage and padding was protecting something on the back of her hand, so not a handling problem.)

For much of the game Di Donato looked a bit lost/tentative. Not sure how often she’s played there; I believe she is normally is a rebounding half-back or mid. Has 5 goals from 18 games at Bendigo.

Worth using the VFLW.tv links under the video to see our first point; was almost another goal of the year candidate by Frew. She was tackled while facing left of the point post but twisted hard to swing it across her body… and hit the goal post. Damn.

Marshall spending time on the wing rather than in defence, while waiting to be second ruck.

He’s actually a clapped-out Lada.

#57 Woodward did a decent job on Nanscawen, and got plenty of the ball herself. I would suggest Hannah Stuart gets at least as many Coach Votes this week as Georgia. Consider them tied going into the final H&A round.

(Tamara Luke of the Hawks no goals vs Darebin. Shepperd of Geelong will get votes this week, but would be a distinctly outside chance to pinch it from Nanscawen or Stuart.)

It’s a tad hard to tell where we are at right now, with meek scoring the last two weeks. Is it just better opposition, it is key players missing, is it the continued disturbance of turnover (26 changes over the last five weeks)?

Saints absolutely a quality team on their day. But they were also comfortably beaten by the likes of Fark Carlton, and obliterated by Casey.

I was hoping when I got to the first goal of the final quarter that the different angle would be kinder to Nalder. It was not… I don’t (LOVINGLY) call her ol’ unco Nalder at least once in most games for nothing.

Morcs taking a huge hit to stop the Saints marking forty out. That was brutal.

Sorry @simmo41, but Hosking did not have a good game.

Let’s look at the league season stat-leaders. The top ten is based on total stats but (apart from goals) I report them below as averages.

In this particular case, given the match next week, I will also list all Casey players who feature in the top ten as well. As you will see, that is only a small addition (2 rankings versus our 18) which partially reflects them rotating AFLW players through.

Disposals:
1 - Nanscawen 27.1
3 - Radford 22.1
9 - Zanchetta 20.5

Goals:
1 - Frew 29
4 - Clifford 19
6 - CBomb 17
7 - Tierney 14
9 - Dicker + Tahlia Fellow (Casey) 12

Marks:
1 - Eliza Vale (Footscray) 6.4
2 - Clifford 4.9
5 - Tierney 4.8
6 - Marshall 4.3

Tackles:
1 - Tamara Smith (Cats) 11.2
6 - Nanscawen 8.0

Kicks:
1 - Sharnie Whiting (Willy) 16.0
9 - Nanscawen 14.8
10 - Radford 12.4

Handballs:
1 - Nanscawen 12.3
2 - Zanchetta 11.5
3 - Radford 9.7
5 - Melanie Hogg (Casey) 8.2

Hit-outs:
1 - Jorja Borg (Fark Carlton) 29.2
4 - Nalder 24.0

133 photos are up courtesy Nigel Barrie Photography.

Mt Everist easy to spot in a crowd:

All of the hit-out.