VFLW - Round 2 vs Port @ The Hangar, 12:30PM Saturday 19 Feb 2022 - our percentage is 1106.25%

Are you able to highlight this to anyone? I mean Georgia N has only been with us for four seasons and is the BnF winner, the Norf jumper is just annoying.

2 Likes
2 Likes

So my experience from three games this year: we lead 242-19…

• Mia-Rae Clifford is in the best form I’ve seen.
  • Kendra Heil: not convinced by her wing experiment yet. 12 disposals this and last week (Marianna on the other wing 19 and 17)
  • Simone Nalder: she’s still a big unco, but 11 disposals vs Dudley’s 1? :white_check_mark:
  • Courtney Ugle had that little period where she got dacked three times in a row, but she’s doing OK demoted outside the core midfield group.
  • Cecilia Mcintosh: the old lady quietly moved to leading goal kicker for the league
  • Georgia Nanscawen continues to make this game look pretty easy. And you can’t just send your one tagger to her now.
  • Elizabeth Hosking: increased her speed this year?
  • Nicole Julian: snuck up forward a couple times
  • Danielle Marshall: sooooooo good
  • Tamsin Crook: there’s this sequence in the third quarter where two smalls fail to pick the ball up, and this giraffe comes through and effortlessly plucks it off the ground on the run…
  • Eleanor Cornish: well, at least she had more disposals than Dudley and Winbanks combined
  • Renee Tierney: great pick-up. Not many teams will have three defenders who can strength and endurance-wise match up to her, Frew and Clifford.
  • Sarah Ford: improved on last week
  • Amelia Radford: well. She may not be as composed/good with the disposal as the rest of the core midfield, but 30 disposals? Nice.
  • Jordan Zanchetta: sooooo good. Haven’t worked out if she’s being disrespected, or opponents just can’t keep up with her. Clean when disposing or marking. A 156cm brute.
  • Federica ‘Freak’ Frew: just warming up. The deepest forward all day, kicked a couple and should have had that characteristic hook around the body goal early on to add to that.
  • Olivia Manfre: runs like she has gumboots on, but still ran a few down (5 tackles). Had the luxury of being the fourth large/mid leading forward, and went within centimetres of three goals in her debut.

I didn’t come out of this match feeling like it was hugely lopsided versus Port, or our second-highest score ever, but hey, we have new standards now.

4 Likes

Couldn’t name many of the players but it’s a fun day at the footy. Took the family along and was nice to watch the Bombers win comfortably. Would recommend.

PS. Also nice to see a number of the Senior players cheering from the balcony.

3 Likes

Arrogantly looking ahead:

• Round 6 is when Essendon and Geelong collide.
  • We play Fark Carlton, the Saints, and Footscray twice. That’s not the gift of Willy and Darebin (and Hawks) we got last year, but probably quite OK. Their senior teams have won 2 of 15 games so far this year (ignoring today’s game where two of them avoided a draw)
  • In the H&A last year we scored 187 more than we conceded – we’re already up 161 this year.

Maybe we could do the whole head-and-shoulders shots, as per the men, on our own website… have we even systematically taken said photos?

P.S. Yikes, VFLM page most recent content is from 12 Oct 2021.

I have team lists at the scoreboard! Next time :slight_smile:

There are headshots- I have them. But they aren’t on a green screen, so I wonder if that’s the issue?

By the end of the game I knew Georgia, Courtney, Betty, Mia and C Bomb.

3 Likes

scratches head… pretty sure Elizabeth Hosking is a Liz, and not one you’d particularly notice anyway.

(Nattie? Chetta?)

1 Like
1 Like

Shots fired.

“Borrowing” my line from last week, really.

1 Like

It was a homage

1 Like

Captain places the sole debutant in the middle for the song.

3 Likes

Gallivant was there.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4883175165110036&type=3

A few photos extracted below.

Radford gets it out of the pack. No catching Nattie once she starts running.

She’ll be 43 by the end of the season. At this rate, 43 goals too.