VFLW - Round 2 vs Port @ The Hangar, 12:30PM Saturday 19 Feb 2022 - our percentage is 1106.25%

Port tackled; they never gave up, but yikes those stats are brutal.

Nalder >>>>> Dudley.

Geelong 5.3.33 defeated Hawks 2.3.15

Pies recovered 6.6.42 over Norf 5.0.30. Frederick had 19 disposals and kicked 4 goals… has found her level, but I’d back Marshall against her.

Great coverage today Dave, well done

2 Likes

LID FARKING OFF

Maybe these girls will be the first team in two decades to bring us home a cup

2 Likes

Thanks DJR for running reporting and for special commentary from Hoffy

2 Likes

I’ll get to it later, but we have four of the top five handballers in the league. We’re great at flicking it around in the contests until someone can burst free.

Yeah, I kept BAAAAAAALLLLLLLing for about three seconds after the ump paid it.

1 Like

Question for DJR. Would the current VFLW be 10 to 12 goals off a mid level AFLW team.

The answer is: I dunno. I can definitely see some VFLW finals teams getting destroyed, but we apply great pressure and this year’s midfield has definitely given us more depth than previously. Our team has fewer lightweights this year too.

In the second half of last year, when we were playing against half AFLW/half VFLW teams we could constrain the opposition scoring but not score ourselves. Adding Frew and Tierney, and Clifford in sensational form, might vary that a bit.

Danielle Marshall looks AFLW standard to me at CHB.

We obviously need to beef up some positions, with more actual tall players (including rucks).

3 Likes

3 Likes
1 Like

In both cases poor defence by Port allowing us to swing out.

2 Likes

Sounds like SRS botched at least parts of at least five of the six streams today…

Our game is up but skips a chunk of time either side of half-time. Hopefully fixed later this week from the original recordings.

League leaders at the end of round 2 (everything below is an average, except for goals).

Disposals:
1 - Nanscawen 29
2 - Zanchetta 25
4 - Radford 23.5
10 - Ford 20

Goals:
1 - CBomb + Tierney 5
4 - Nattie + Sabrina Frederick (Pies) 4
5 - Clifford + Davies + others 3

Marks:
1 - Clifford 8.5
3 - Tierney 7
7 - Zanchetta + others 5.5

Tackles:
1 - Tamara Smith (Hawks) 12.5
10 - Zanchetta 6.5

Kicks:
1 - Angelica Gogos (Darebin) 21.5
9 - Nanscawen 14
10 - Clifford 13.5

Handballs:
1 - Nanscawen 15
2 - Radford 13.5
3 - Zanchetta 12
5 - Ford 10.5

Hit-outs:
1 - Jorga Borg (Fark Carlton) 30.5
8 - Nalder 15.5

1 Like

Detailed stats up at:

These graphs are slightly poor…

1 Like

They didn’t fix last week’s, so I’m not hopeful.

i really must protest at the lack of pictures of the athletes, but worse is having them in incorrect jumpers for years.

not good enough! treat them with respect.

2 Likes

In our defence, we haven’t had to do much tackling yet…

1 Like

Somebody let me update the app. PLEASE. just give me the keys. I can help.

1 Like