VFLW - Round 2 vs Port @ The Hangar, 12:30PM Saturday 19 Feb 2022 - our percentage is 1106.25%

Yes, that’s the plan. If we are running late though, it will be crowd noise for a few minutes until we’re plugged in.

I apologise in advance.

4 Likes
1 Like

22 degrees and a modest breeze to the Bullant Hill end. The AFL will be disappointed we’re not playing in full summer conditions.

bring your own chair, sunshade, sunscreen and refreshments.

Hmmm… SportsTG (click for link) have CBomb on just 31 VFLW games, including 29 with us after this weekend – I guess the below is considering some seasons before the modern version of the league, but that would need to be very selective for her to only be on 50 matches.

THE remarkable Cecilia McIntosh will tick off another milestone in her decorated multi-sport career when she plays her 50th rebel VFLW game in Essendon’s clash with Port Melbourne at The Hangar on Saturday.

McIntosh is still a star of the competition at 42, having kicked three goals in the opening round shutout of the Western Bulldogs last week.

She won the former VWFL’s Helen Lambert Medal in 2008, was an All-Australian in 2009 and played 17 AFLW games for Collingwood from 2017-19.

She made her name in javelin, claiming a silver medal in the 2002 Commonwealth Games, and represented Australia in bobsled at the 2010 Winter Olympics after earlier being runner-up in the Australian Weightlifting Championships in 1997.

The Bombers have lost Jessie Davies (groin) and Grace Dicker (unavailable) and handed a debut to Olivia Manfre for their clash with the Borough, who will be looking to make up for a last-quarter fadeout against Casey.

Port has been rocked by a knee injury to Courteney Bromage which will sideline her for unknown amount of time, and a shoulder problem to Beth Wilson, but will finally get to unveil lively small forward Sabrine Navarro after her recovery from an ACL injury suffered shortly before last season, also regaining dangerous Sarah Dargan and Emily Harley.

ESSENDON
In: Frew, Manfre
Out: J Davies (groin), G Dicker (unavailable)
VFLW Debut: Olivia Manfre, 18, Keilor

PORT MELBOURNE
In: Dargan, De Gleria Cade, Harley, Navarro
Out: C Bromage (knee), B Wilson (shoulder), N Borg, M Briedis

Prediction: Essendon by 15

GAME DAY! Let’s goooooooo!

:crossed_fingers:t2: Let the cafe be open

1 Like

Is the Cafe a real possibility?

I’m told it will be open for games - but not when :frowning:

Thanks, I’ll BYO for today.

Reality check: wee Wily have smashed Footscray 57-7.

On the other hand, 3-65 Casey belted Darebin 56-14 to remain undefeated.

Lots of emergencies in the warmup again.

Fark Carlton beat the Saints 33-25

Decent size flag for the warmup.

1 Like

Same strapping present as last week; and Nanscawen and Marianna were not obviously bothered by them then.

Elarmaly being kind to newbie Manfre in the bumping part of the warmup.

Manfre is not 5cm shorter than Elarmaly (168 vs 173). But DanMarshall, also nominally 168, is between them.

Yes, I checked the grass.

There are water tanks/taps behind the southern goals, and dunnies on the wing as well as in the new Hangar.

I went to the Bombershop

New season, new jumper, new number

5 Likes