VFLW - Round 6 vs Cats @ Deakin Uni, 1PM Sunday 27 Mar 2022 - Radio 3DJR exclusive

Thanks for reporting.
No aggro between Blitzers in this match day thread

3 Likes

Very little to be aggro about. Even the umps were good, and their few mistakes mostly went our way!

2 Likes
3 Likes

Credit to Geelong as well after a devastating day for them.

4 Likes

Note Friswell on the right being looked after by Davies and Crook.

Lol, the 8 minute mark incorrect score to phone call. Well worth it. But no commentary is :-1:t2:

Hahaha we kick a goal and they add 5 points to geelongs score, then swear and cut the feed. HAHAHAHA bloody hell.

2 Likes

Actually we don’t even kick a goal - Geelong kick a point and they add 5 points to their score. :joy::joy::joy:

I’ll worry about that after Midnight Oil tonight!

2 Likes

Geelong kicked their only goal of the game at the 20:09 mark of the second. Not sure how that works in a game with no time on in quarters…

There was a double whistle once — but I don’t think it was in the second quarter.

Combination of SRS guys chatting tech near a live microphone (a no-no) and Cluch TV (who now do the graphics and streaming) not monitoring the feed. Just the usual sub-standard service that no-one at AFL House seems to notice or care about, because it’s just the VFLW. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Would have like to have called the game, but we refuse to go out to Deakin due to no media facilities and Deakin want to charge a fortune to hire one of their marquees.

3 Likes

Really disappointing. Comically disappointing

BraysTaylor for EFC:

1 Like

The oldest VFLW player and the youngest AFLW player.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Let’s look at the league season stat-leaders. The top ten is based on total stats but (apart from goals) I report them below as averages.

Disposals:
1 - Lucy Shneider (Dogs) 24.0
3 - Radford 23.2
5 - Zanchetta 21.2

Goals:
1 - Frew 17
2 - doesn’t matter, but it’s 11
4 - CBomb + Tierney 9
5 - Clifford + others 8

Marks:
1 - Eliza Vale (Footscray) 5.2
2 - Clifford 4.8
4 - Tierney 4.7
6 - Marshall + Annabel Scott (Nth) 4.2
9 - Heil 3.8

Tackles:
1 - Tamara Smith (Hawks) 10.7
9 - Anthony 6.2

Kicks:
1 - Angelica Gogos (Darebin) 17.5

Handballs:
1 - Zanchetta 11.5
2 - Radford 11.3
5 - Nascawen 12.3 (from 4 of 6 games!)

Hit-outs:
1 - Jorja Borg (Fark Carlton) 31.8
5 - Nalder 20.5

1 Like

We’re the team on the right.

1 Like

Laura Gardiner topped the fantasy points tally with 111 notably including 10 clearances – the next best was 4.

Bella Clarke was at full-back, a lonely place after quarter time, so don’t be glum on her debuting at the bottom. She was good. In fact, you can see 4 defenders at the bottom, but they were all decent.

CBomb ranks fourth despite much lower disposals than those around her… and I feel that under-plays how clean she was today.

Georgia twice as many inside fifties as any other Bomber (Gardiner had 6). She is a much more complete player than she was last year when she easily won the league B&F.