Violence Against Women

YES there’s no doubt about it, seldom do many people come out of jail for the better or less violent. You can learn a lot of tricks in jail if you pay attention and run the the right crowd and not necessarily good ones.

YES, its much safer at the Sex Offender’s Prison because you don’t have to watch your back.

If you are young and pretty, you’re in real trouble

I donno about change, maybe lessen their urges in some small cases.

I know of one case of domestic violence situation where there was over 30 breaches of orders, violence, intimidation etc and that he still wasn’t put in jail, the only reason he ended up in jail is cos he head butted his attorney in one of his court cases in the court.
he ended up doing time.

from what i can gather, like 2 years after his got out, prolly 5 ish years ago now he’d changed enough that he now accepts shes moved on, and somewhat have a relationship with the kids.

He was pretty off his head when he was at his worse, mixed up in certain gangs (altho those particular people liked her more and offered plently of times to have things sorted)

but then again who knws what he is doing behind closed doors, and if he’s just moved on to a new target.

I’d say in 95% of cases it can’t make you less violent being in a situation where it’s fight to survive in alot of cases (obviously we aren’t talking about min security jails here).

I imagine it’d be like anything, you aren’t going to fix violent people by putting them in a violent place where that’s the main currency, just like you wouldn’t fix an alcoholic by making them an alcohol tester.

not saying i’m a do gooder and that they should be given rainbows and flowers and they’ll turn into decent humans. some people are just beyond help sadly.

Sadly, there are some people who are simply beyond rules, they have a completely different set of rules and being asked or told what they can and can’t do is like a red rag to a bull.

Juvenile Justice in this country, is one of the worst places I have ever worked, completely unpredictable and dangerous. That hasn’t changed since I’ve left and is unlikely to in the near future unless massive changes are made around Australia.

Also untreated Mental Health issues, have made all jails more dangerous places than they were.

The government won’t do anything about the juvie system until, God forbid someone gets killed. The stories from there are truly abhorrent. The base salary is also disgusting. Fancy working for 52k a year to risk getting bashed every day.

2 Likes

Its the side effects of having one of if not the highest per capita use of recreational drugs and a ■■■■ alcohol culture imo. (latter is changing a bit though… Still see it pretty bad in many pubs around the country)

There are a lot of people always on leave because of being injured trying to stop a fight or being unable to work because they have been injured physically and mentally/emotionally.

I say, let them knock each other out, and then take them to the dispensary. Half the staff get injured trying to stop prisoners being injured by prisoners, sometimes, it just not a smart move.

1 Like

Not a bad ad. But probably better to wait for them to get to jail then surprise them with the beating.

Given the aim of the Ad is to deter them committing Violence on Women in the first place, … it’s probably best as it is.

1 Like