Violence Against Women

It’s about one murder per week of women I think. Must be many more assaults.

It’s a disgrace.

1 Like

Yep.

And this one is just awful. I can’t think of a more horrible crime committed in Melbourne recently.

Dude stalks her online for like 12 months, and had clearly been scoping her house out for a while. Apparently she lives with her brother and this is the only night all year that the brother slept away from home and left her there by herself. Obviously not a coincidence.

And the police working theory is that the dude was triggered by her posting a photo of her with her new boyfriend earlier in the week.

Awful. And it starts with this idea that women are property and somehow owe men something. We’ve all gotta work on stamping that attitude out, even if we don’t hold those views ourselves.

2 Likes

This one makes me feel sick to even think about. Sleeping in her own bed, in her own home and attacked at 4am.

Just disgusting. The poor girl. And her poor family. Reading that her mum tried to break through the police tape just to try and be with her daughter inside made me tear up a lot.

On this topic, the ruling on Jackson Williams is an absolute joke. The woman is so traumatised that she’s left the state and cannot return to work…whilst he was given leniency because he’d have a tough time in jail and would be vulnerable to an attack?

Vulnerable? Just like the nurse who was walking to her job at 6am in the morning and got dragged into an alley? Are they serious?

6 Likes

There are no words to describe how repugnant and grotesque this is.

The really disturbing thing is that it almost just sounds like a cliche now.

HS reporting that Celeste’s murderer was actually out on bail when he broke into her house.

He’d been arrested for breaching the intervention order she’d placed against him. But then released.

The system is farked.

1 Like

Not sure what needs to be done to get it changed but it’s been ■■■■■■ for ages.

2 Likes

Thats disappointing but if his only conviction was that breach then its not surprising he was out. If you tell me he’s got priors where he’s gotten community service for 6 sexual assaults then I’ll get the pitchforks. Whats probably most alarming is that he’s come to the police & courts attention & not set off enough alarm bells for the mental health side to have been addressed. If its not already then any type of stalking style charge should elicit a full psych evaluation.

2 Likes

This is why the death penalty is needed.

Oh well stick him in gen pop and things will hopefully take care themselves.

I also think the business they worked together for have a lot to answer for her as well.

What are the details? I thought they hadn’t worked together since last year.

Celeste was the POS’s team leader at the call center they worked for. He was sacked and she walked him out whilst comforting him. She made both the police and the business aware of what was going on.

I know there is only so much a business can do once someone is sacked but it seems they did very little.

I had read it as him being sacked & her being kind to him through the sacking is what lead to or at least intensified the infatuation. Has there been any reports of him stalking her while working together? If they ignored inappropriate behaviours or didn’t sack him after being advised of charges etc then I could understand but once somebody is sacked a business can’t do anything but support the retained worker.

The Judiciary are part of the problem in this country. The softer the law is, the more crime. This softly, softly, approach simple doesn’t change a dam thing. We can see how well it has worked around Dandi and Springvale AND OTHER AREAS WHERE where gangs hang out. The softly, softly, approach hasn’t changed a thing. Many have got into and onto the Mental Health approach and why not it works.

Having worked in men’s, women’s jails and j.j.s. in Victoria and Melbourne, I understand everyone is entitled to their day in court, however our system of justice has become a complete and utter joke. So are many of the people working within the system. Its money for jam.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree. This case has actually rocked me as this reminds of an experience my sister had with a stalker ex-boyfriend that was well known to our family about 15 years ago.

His manipulative and at times scarily bizarre behaviour had both my sister (naturally) and I on edge for a couple of months to the point where we had to seek help from the police. There was nothing much that they could do apart from tell us to take out an intervention order against him which we were reluctant to do as we were worried that it may escalate and trigger his behaviour to become worse.

Thankfully after setting up a meeting between he and I he quitely slinked away and left my sister alone after that.

I can’t help but think that the intervention order tipped this guy over the edge (as so often happens in these type of cases) and he ended doing what he did to poor young Celeste and by extension to her family and friends.

Celeste could not have been anymore of an innocent victim than this which makes it all the more heartbreaking after she did all the right things to protect herself…just an unimaginable tragedy.

7 Likes

Fun and games for him when he gets to jail.

No-one will care less in jail.

1 Like
1 Like

Justice is kind of served. Can’t bring her back and it’s a shame it wasn’t her parents beating him to death, but hopefully he felt the pain.

1 Like

Victoria is a terribly soft state.

Read an article just then on a domestic violence case that lead tk murder in Victoria. Big outrage(rightly so) that he hadn’t been pulled up sooner based on prior abuse and violence…

Question for blitzers. Maybe guys who have done time.

Does Prison actually make anyone less violent?

(i can only think the answer is yes if its a long time due to very old age…)

I mean it seems to me prison can protect society by putting a pause on the risk someone poses… But its just a pause?