Voluntary suspensions

■■■■ carlton

Have you read Chip's book???

Have you seen the way WADA are conducting themselves???

Do you really think this is still about our club or players???

We are the collateral damage that nobody gives a flying toss about. This will be dragged out just for the ■■■■■ and giggles of those involved. The best thing for the players to do is to start contributing to the delays, and just play out the remainder of their careers as if it isn’t happening. They can feel free to reply to any media questions on the subject with a well worded orchestrated answer. I’d suggest the reply, “■■■■ You” would nicely cover all scenarios.

I agree with this. Whoever is doing the advisory and psychological stuff with the guys needs to change to this.
Your career will probably be over before this is finalised so forget about it. It could go on another five years so pretend is isn’t happening.
Likelihood of anyone being suspended now is close to zero as there would be further appeals and court cases if they were.
What more can they do to you that they haven’t done already. How many more threats can they make?

Then the club, Sheedy, and players need to start a narrative about “they’ve got nothing and they know it” “this isn’t about Essendon and the players this is about ASADA flexing its muscles”
“yeah right, have you seen whats happening with FIFA? Remember the IOC? Don’t try to tell me WADA is above board. Look at the cyclists.” etc etc

That should do it.

Sorry to start two posts in a day, but, given we can't make finals now AND given we can't 100% predict the outcome of the WADA appeal..........

Should the affected players volunteer to take additional provisional suspensions pending the outcome of the case? The code seems to allow for it.

Positives:

1. Puts pressure on the AFL;
  2. Ensures that we get good draft picks without ‘tanking’;
  3. Lets us have a look at some potential pre-season draftees;
  4. Gives a big ■■■■ you to the rest of the comp in terms of television ratings.

Negatives?

I’ll play @andrewb

Because if anyone can find a negative it’s me. Especially the mood I’m in today. I’ll go through your points by number:

1. Who in turn, will emphasise the point that Essendon players are guilty, because they admitted it. So now we get punished by the AFL for breaching the anti-doping code, in addition to the punishments we already copped for governance.
  2. See point 1 regarding punishments for breaching the anti-doping code. We’d lose more draft picks.
  3. On the plus side, I’d get to see Muscles playing AFL again. But no - no more top up players thanks, not in regular season matches for premiership points. It hurts seeing us get beaten.
  4. We also get a cut of those ratings. And gate takings. And all revenue the AFL makes. To hurt them is to hurt us. I believe we actually need the other clubs (or at least the influential spokespeople of them) on our side now.

Also - I believe that taking the offered penalty from ASADA will do nothing to end this saga. The minute there’s evidence of guilt (and an admission seems to be the only evidence available) WADA will come over the top and appeal the “sentence” almost immediately. In their minds the players are now guilty. And we can’t have drug cheats only wearing a 2 match suspension. It’s not right, blah blah integrity of sport, blah blah ensure cheats don’t prosper.

How’s that for negatives?

:smiley:

How the F are people making new threads in this forum…

it got sent over here to the naughty corner from the main board didn’t it?

Voluntary suspensions then hit up revz

I think andrewb should take a voluntary 2 week suspension :wink:

Sorry to start two posts in a day, but, given we can't make finals now AND given we can't 100% predict the outcome of the WADA appeal..........

Should the affected players volunteer to take additional provisional suspensions pending the outcome of the case? The code seems to allow for it.

Positives:

1. Puts pressure on the AFL;
  2. Ensures that we get good draft picks without ‘tanking’;
  3. Lets us have a look at some potential pre-season draftees;
  4. Gives a big ■■■■ you to the rest of the comp in terms of television ratings.

Negatives?

no farking way

then everything we have worked for in the past 3 years would all be wiped out in 1 day

I say we fight to the end.

and instaban the OP for even suggesting such nonsense

you obviously are not backing our boys

What the actual ■■■■?

All the nays are based on the assumption it is made public. It could be confidential(yes im aware of how that has gone to date). But for arguments sake why couldn’t Jobe, Colyer and Bellchambers be on provisional suspensions. No one would know as they are not expected to be playing. I wouldn’t propose the whole list sit out, but for those already out, its actually a smart option.

All the nays are based on the assumption it is made public. It could be confidential(yes im aware of how that has gone to date). But for arguments sake why couldn't Jobe, Colyer and Bellchambers be on provisional suspensions. No one would know as they are not expected to be playing. I wouldn't propose the whole list sit out, but for those already out, its actually a smart option.

With respect, perhaps yourself and AndrewB may like to consider if the players think this is an option, you know the ones that are actually in it, not me, you or AndrewB

All the nays are based on the assumption it is made public. It could be confidential(yes im aware of how that has gone to date). But for arguments sake why couldn't Jobe, Colyer and Bellchambers be on provisional suspensions. No one would know as they are not expected to be playing. I wouldn't propose the whole list sit out, but for those already out, its actually a smart option.

With respect, perhaps yourself and AndrewB may like to consider if the players think this is an option, you know the ones that are actually in it, not me, you or AndrewB

Of course. I don't speak for them and have no real idea what its like.

It is worth remembering that they were all provisionally suspended over summer. Doing so again isn’t an admission of guilt.

Maybe I

All the nays are based on the assumption it is made public. It could be confidential(yes im aware of how that has gone to date). But for arguments sake why couldn’t Jobe, Colyer and Bellchambers be on provisional suspensions. No one would know as they are not expected to be playing. I wouldn’t propose the whole list sit out, but for those already out, its actually a smart option.

Of course. I don't speak for them and have no real idea what its like.

It is worth remembering that they were all provisionally suspended over summer. Doing so again isn’t an admission of guilt.

Maybe I’m not getting it, but can’t see the the point of another provisional suspension (especially a self imposed one). ASADA/WADA need to prove their case,.

The ‘de novo’ (when it happens) will stand or fall. It’s time

I’d consider it if I knew in advance we were going to get smacked by 100+ points by another bottom 4 side.

Seriously though…it depends on the strength of the case.

CAS may assess the evidence as the AFL Tribunal did. Those with better legal understanding than I can better explain the difference between “AFL found us not guilty” and what actually happened.

I would like to be provisionally suspended from driving because I was in my car this morning. I didn’t speed but there was potential that I could speed so I should sit out from driving until the police tell me I didn’t speed.

Yep, makes sense to me.

Maybe some of them have taken voluntary suspensions. We shouldn’t know. (I am not suggesting for a moment the AFL wouldn’t leak this)

I'd consider it if I knew in advance we were going to get smacked by 100+ points by another bottom 4 side.

Seriously though…it depends on the strength of the case.

CAS may assess the evidence as the AFL Tribunal did. Those with better legal understanding than I can better explain the difference between “AFL found us not guilty” and what actually happened.

Okay. We were found not guilty and then 4 months later a troll called jlamber signed up to blitz and was real obvious.

Well if it plays out like this for once, what’s to say they haven’t already done it?

I would like to be provisionally suspended from driving because I was in my car this morning. I didn't speed but there was potential that I could speed so I should sit out from driving until the police tell me I didn't speed.

Yep, makes sense to me.

I’m charging you with bringing the roads into disrepute