Walker Crows New Captain

Wow. Apparently football talent is all that is needed to lead a team. What a truly odd decision.

He is a super talent, but he makes Lloyd seem like an intellectual genius. I guess they don’t rate off field stuff as highly.

Dangerfield and Sloane hopefully very upset and contemplating their options

Rewarded for his loyalty.
Wouldn’t have been my choice, but I don’t think it’s a terrible one.
Certainly won’t be an unpopular one.

Will be good for the general public as he does speak his mind, though he did have a few issues with his application to rehab didn’t he?

So you know him personally, then?

I thought Sloane would have been the obvious choice. Brave decision. If it brings our the best in Walker, it could be a good one.

Great leadership quality

great decision adeliade, bravo

Yeah, not sure about this one. Surely they would’ve stayed with Van Berlo if Danger/Sloane are gone? Until at least Smith, Crouch or Mackay mature.

I think this is great. Tex is cool.

Stacca’s new BF. Adelaide is a small place.

I’d go out with him.

“What, you pick Skippy and not beautiful Greek boy??@?@#!?@#!?@#!”

Beggars can’t be choosers.

One of my favourite players in the league and probably a great bloke to get the team up and going. Don’t think the sponsors committments and media and what not will be his go though

A reply to: @Allblack regarding QuoteLink

Sloane wont go anywhere but Dangerfield is as good as gone IMO. Spoke with someone tonight who is usually on the money and he reckons Dangerfield has narrowed it down to Geelong, Essendon or Collingwood in that order

A reply to: @riley13 regarding QuoteLink

One of my favourite players in the league and probably a great bloke to get the team up and going. Don't think the sponsors committments and media and what not will be his go though
Have met him a few times when he was at Norwood and he is a top bloke, just a real country lad who loves a beer and his mates. Players and staff spoke about his onfield leadership when he first started out in the SANFL. Correct on your assessment about media work, its not really his cup of tea but im sure he is working on it

A reply to: @fogdog regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @Aceman regarding QuoteLink
Sloane wont go anywhere but Dangerfield is as good as gone IMO. Spoke with someone tonight who is usually on the money and he reckons Dangerfield has narrowed it down to Geelong, Essendon or Collingwood in that order
Essendon no chance for Dangerfield.

No chance?

Surely we’re a chance with our brilliant facilities, exciting youngsters and excellent coach.

Is money the problem?

essendon is a chance.

Too much money? Maybe he is prepared to take less to head back to Victoria. If this bloke is on the money its atleast good to think that other players see us as an attractive club to consider. I would love to see the furore from the haters if someone of his calibre came over to us