Wally sacked

Isn't his son a decent prospect?
Should be interesting.

Will make no difference.

I understand we can still take him under F/S regardless, just might be a bit awkward is all given we 'sacked' the old man.
And there is ways the possibility that if the old man holds a grudge he is in the kids ear as soon as the contract is up.
We'll see.

You obviously don't know Dean Wallis.

Vale Wally. Set up the 93 GF when he ran through Mil Hanna.

Do you honestly believe that?

It was massive.

Him standing on Neitz (or was it Schwartz? Can't remember) about 2 minutes into the 2000 GF was pretty good, too. Not a bad couple of highlights from a journeyman career, certainly a couple that supporters have, rightly, hung onto.

I believe the reason was he lied about being a database administrator on his CV.

YES.

Oh, rubbish. You should see the spreadsheet he keeps for tracking footy odds!

Should make a fortune doing sportsmans nights and lunches with Mil Hanna doing live constant re-enactments of the 93 GF moment.

Not sure Mil would be up for it.

Should make a fortune doing sportsmans nights and lunches with Mil Hanna doing live constant re-enactments of the 93 GF moment.

Not sure Mil would be up for it.

Reckon Fraser Brown would probably get him as he's hopping into his car.

A lot of love for our 'premiership hero'

Sensationalised journalism in keeping with the whole year.  If Wallis was out of contract then he wasn’t sacked, his contract was not renewed.

I loved Wally as a player, he may have played vital roles in the 1993 and 200 premierships, howevr, he was a disaster in 1999 against the blues when he was caught in possession late in the game.

Many players stood tall when Wally played.

Many players stood tall when Wally was around, off the field too.

It was massive.

Him standing on Neitz (or was it Schwartz? Can't remember) about 2 minutes into the 2000 GF was pretty good, too. Not a bad couple of highlights from a journeyman career, certainly a couple that supporters have, rightly, hung onto.

Just in response to Paul Peos - yes there's every possibility we would've won anyway. But Hanna had been a thorn in our side in the home and away series not just in 93 but in earlier years - a very skilful player who seemed to save his best for EFC. Apart from taking out one of their best players I thought the bump from Wallis set the scene and the Spooners hung their heads a bit at that point. Would've got Wally a 6 week suspension these days, I reckon.

It was massive.

Just in response to Paul Peos - yes there's every possibility we would've won anyway. But Hanna had been a thorn in our side in the home and away series not just in 93 but in earlier years - a very skilful player who seemed to save his best for EFC. Apart from taking out one of their best players I thought the bump from Wallis set the scene and the Spooners hung their heads a bit at that point. Would've got Wally a 6 week suspension these days, I reckon.

i reckon wally actually struck him with a clenched fist to the jaw but disguised neatly as a head high bump. Actually that move was a bit of wallace special, did the same thing to bruce (or was it green) in the 2000 GF but got him in the throat.

someone put up a replay of it here a couple of weeks ago on one of the angles you can see his fist tucked in near his leading should, seems he makes pretty good contact with it too me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQmZ7OL1kuA

0:28 here

Massive right fist to Hanna's head - who (understandably) went down like a bag of spuds.

Would have been five or six weeks these days.

Massive right fist to Hanna's head - who (understandably) went down like a bag of spuds.

F*ken OUCH!!!  Milan Hanna, officially MONSTERED!!

It's double in a GF these days. So maybe half a season.

Fair bump if administered to a Carlton player.

Sensationalised journalism in keeping with the whole year.  If Wallis was out of contract then he wasn't sacked, his contract was not renewed.

I loved Wally as a player, he may have played vital roles in the 1993 and 200 premierships, howevr, he was a disaster in 1999 against the blues when he was caught in possession late in the game.

Cant believe it took 3 pages for someone to say players walked taller with him in the team.

Sensationalised journalism in keeping with the whole year.  If Wallis was out of contract then he wasn't sacked, his contract was not renewed.

Cant believe it took 3 pages for someone to say players walked taller with him in the team.

Fair bump if administered to a Carlton player.

agreed

Wally's departure denotes a change of attitude at the higher levels. lt appears that a bit of shaking up is needed from within, so that is what we are getting here. Nothing to see here, move along. 

Loved Wally, better player than he gets credit for a true red and black warrior. I was on the fence when he hit Hannah and I heard the thud, sweet music to my ears.

Loved Wally, better player than he gets credit for a true red and black warrior. I was on the fence when he hit Hannah and I heard the thud, sweet music to my ears.

Then goes 3 deep for a grab against Silvagni & Sexton a couple of minutes later,them two clowns fall over & Wally strolls in for a goal,made the filth look silly!! Not the most skilled footballer,but he was tough & bled red + black..

Great player. Poor choice as an administrator. Next get rid of Corcoran and half the work is done fixing the mess we're in.