Watching AFL on a TV without foxtel

The Melbourne game today was on the 4K channel. Didn’t realise until the 4th qtr - couldn’t tell the difference to be honest.

So if I have the Foxtel sports package at home, shouldn’t I be able to watch live afl on the Foxtel go app on my phone?

I tried today and I could only see replays

What is the best / cheapest way of getting replays these days?

As a Telstra Mobile customer I’ve been happily using the AFL app on my Telstra TV.
But I’m looking at switching from Telstra due to price, so I assume I will lose the free access to replays.

Anyone dumped Telstra & managed to retain access to the AFL app?
Any other suggestions?
A visit to Estonia maybe?

I’m thinking of moving to Telstra for mobile, & I’m interested in if that is still possible, (watching replays full size on TV).

But I’m most interested to know if anyone in the end worked out / found a way, to get Live Games onto their TV in full size, since they put the restriction to 7" size on them??

I was watching 2019 replays using AFL app on Telstra TV.

I took it from your post that all that was available to you “as a Telstra Mobile customer”.

Is that what you meant/mean?

Free AFL app access was available to me as a Telstra Mobile customer (I ended my Telstra Mobile contract after the 2019 season, so in theory I no longer have the free access (must check this)).

The AFL app was pre-loaded on my Telstra TV, which I think I got with my home bundle a couple of years ago.

1 Like

For those that do have Foxtel, 93 prelim against the crows is half way through Q1.

One of the best.

2 Likes

Prepping for footy season and thinking of cancelling Foxtel in favour of Kayo coz it’s $15 atm with Telstra https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/kayo does compared to Foxtel which is like $80 or so.

Does anyone have it & recommend it? I stream Netflix fine so figure it should be fine?!

Someone posted this the other day and it’s legit:

Can’t complain with 3 months free Kayo.

I stream Netflix and Kayo on the same Samsung tv and have never had a problem with netflix picture quality but Kayo would regularly pixelate last football season. I will be getting Kayo again this week because no other choice really, so hopefully is better. My internet speed is pretty average though but as l said never had an issue with netflix only kayo.

1 Like

Did you go into the Quality setting and select 720p minimum?

I had issues with kayo on my laptop (don’t have a tv to cast it to) - would frequently buffer and get a kill screen despite all other streaming services (including foxtel) working fine.
I then changed browsers to Firefox and haven’t had an issue since.

1 Like

Kayo lack bandwidth on games. Hopefully they have fixed it this season with a better understanding of loads.

Given I watch a lot of NBA and NFL kayo has been awesome, and in footy season having the key moments button allows you to shoot through a game in minimum time.

1 Like

Kayo is great if you have decent bandwidth. I used it for a while on a measly 6.5mbs, with it dropping in and out of hi/low res. Now with NBM (50/20) it runs beautifully at full res on both TV’s simultaneously.

I had some issues initially with NBN FTTP 50/20 but since I move to another provider it’s been a lot better.

I did recently but because it mainly happened on live games last year, and l cancelled it over summer, l haven’t tested it yet on the lower setting. Thursday night will be the test. Hopefully it improves because it was frustrating last year.

amazon producing AFL docos, hopefully they bid at the next rights. The only person out there who could beat Rupert is Jeff

3 Likes

You can check out the buffer and see where the optimum setting is for your setup.

I have kayo and chrome cast it to my TV, works perfectly

2 Likes