Watching AFL on a TV without foxtel

Their sports docos are awesome. The All or Nothing series is one of my favourite ones, wish they did an NBA version.

2 Likes

Iā€™m currently in Japan. Any advice on how to stream the game?

Get Kayo. Itā€™s great.

I was able to see the AFLW games in their app from Japan. Not sure that will work in this case.

1 Like

Yep, . if you havenā€™t signed up before youā€™ll get a few(?) weeks free, ā€¦ donā€™t think you need a VPN offering an Oz ISP, ā€¦ but you might.

I couldnā€™t work Kayo in Japan.

But Iā€™m not a techie.

Did you try running through a VPN? (Oz IP?)

A what?

2 Likes

Lol, ā€¦ ok.

A Virtual Private Network.

Google

Yes, you can be at the ground

Not while Iā€™m at work also :disappointed:

Unless you work at the ground

Full res isnā€™t 1080 though is it?

I too have Foxtel and looking to cancel and replace with Kayo (currently have NBN 50/20)

1 Like

Thanks - signed up to Bet Easy, didnā€™t have to deposit anything and then got 3 months of Kayo for free.

Yes it is - but if youā€™re casting, your receiving device needs to both accept 1080, and be plugged in to a 1080 input. Older Chromecasts, for example, are limited to 720

Ive got a 6 month old Sony with the Kayo app.

Does the app support 1080p?

Yes, it does.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just got Kayo for $15 a month thru Telstra (12 months), and ditched Foxtel as my plan was going up to $70 after Contract expiration.

I will have a multitude of questions later tonight complete with pictures to illustrate my queries.
Therefore, I will require a number of Blitz experts ready to answer said queries at midnight (approx).

Thanksā€¦

4 Likes

But only if KAYO decides it can supply it at 1080, and also that you have the bandwidth (connection ) to receive it.

The one thing that gives me the shitz about it is it only gives you 2 settings, ā€¦ 720 min, ā€¦ and if it has the server bandwidth available, @ 1080 (whether you want 1080 or not, ā€¦ and 480 max, which it may well decide your connection isnā€™t fkn up for somehow, and decides to deliver 360, or even fkn 240 for some unknown fking reason.

I want to be able to select the exact quality I want depending on data plan connection etc that I fking WANT!, As I can on many other streaming sources.

At least one would hope they would have upgraded their server farm/resources to match demand after last years first up trial.

1 Like

You can look at diagnostics, and see rolling bandwidth and buffer while you watch, which gives you a good idea of the throughput for your connection.