Watching AFL on a TV without foxtel

Thanks Teebee

I set this up on Windows PC - I have an AFL Live pass that I purchased, and I put in my username/password into the plug-in. Works fine for replays (very good quality), but not for live. (Get a AFL Video 1.1.5 “No JSON object could be decoded”). Did you have any luck with live?

UPDATE

Great news! Got it working.

The author of the plugin has updated the AFL Live plugin only hours ago. Ver. 1.7.7

What you need to do is find the Catch-up TV AU repository and update that first. (Select your add-ons -> Click the little unbox symbol in the top left corner -> install from repository -> find XMBC catchupTV AU Add-ons and right click it, update) this should update the afl add-on automatically. If not, select it manually and update it.

So yes, its working, no, not perfectly. A lot of frame rate dropping but its completely watchable.

Thanks again Teebee

I’ve updated the plugin, so I’ll test it out on this weekend’s set of irrelevant matches!

Has anyone thought to install them outside Trip’s house? There seems to be an amazing amount of hot air coming from there.

People with foxtel should just sell their foxtel go login to others.

I use someone else’s foxtel go app now.

The AFL live app was the last straw

No. I can’t even remember what my login details are anyway. I signed up for remote access whenever it started (10-15 years ago).

Just waiting for a thread on a seconds’ practice match in Upper Gumbukta West where the first four pages are people asking for a streaming thread.

People with foxtel should just sell their foxtel go login to others.

I use someone else’s foxtel go app now.

The AFL live app was the last straw

yeah it's $40 a month, for SD content, unless you also have Telstra TV then it's HD. And you have to sign for a full year so it's $520 a year.

Given you can get Foxtel for $55 per month on no contract, on your full TV, and that includes Foxtel Play as above. You can get that for just 6 months for the footy season for $330. If you want it in HD it’s $390 .

• installation each time (HD isn’t waived).

News and Telstra jointly own Foxtel, so they have it sewn up.

yeah it’s $40 a month, for SD content, unless you also have Telstra TV then it’s HD. And you have to sign for a full year so it’s $520 a year.

Given you can get Foxtel for $55 per month on no contract, on your full TV, and that includes Foxtel Play as above. You can get that for just 6 months for the footy season for $330. If you want it in HD it’s $390 .

May be an option....

https://twitter.com/theheraldsun/status/836139907814944769

$10 per month they state. Something isn’t right.

I think it was $10 a week

May be an option....

$10 per month they state. Something isn’t right.

May be an option....

So… Get foxtel? Seems in conflict with the thread title :slight_smile:

May be an option…

Bump

Wondering if anyone can help me

I have the crownbet app on my ipad. I connected the ipad to my sony bravia via a HDMI Apple tv adapter.

So i can get the ipad screen to mirror on my TV. The problem is when i go to crownbet and watch a game and chose the option for full screen it comes up as a vertical display on my TV.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

i.e. On my ipad i have a full screen display (horizontal) but on my TV i have a vertical display showing the game vertically (Instead of horizontal)

I have no idea on that set up, … but if I were doing similar from my laptop to TV, I would check the display settings for the 2nd display, … and look for “Rotate display” or such in there.

Maybe turn the TV 90 degrees?

4 Likes

Turn your head 90 degrees, save the heavy lifting of the tv.

Do what I do and sprawl out on the couch. I thought I needed to get my glasses adjusted, but it turns out that the angle I watch at, sprawled out, wasn’t catered for on my trifocals. I need to get quatrofocals…

1 Like

Was at a friends home who sends Telstra AFL live from his phone to Android TV via WiFI to his 55 inch TV.

Not sure how it works but it was good quality live footy, without Foxtel.

I checked the AFL live on my 42inch via the AFL app on kodi and it was pretty low res, Id guess maybe 480p and really jerky. I tried to skin this cat last year using the AFL international subscription via a VPN. Image quality was supposed to be 1080 and yes I think it was but the frame rate was awful

Crownbet. Sign up with minimum $$$ and there you are. Live sport, including AFL. COST: about $50 a year if you don’t bet. Brilliant.

A couple of years ago, a helpful Blitz poster developed & posted an app that provides a backdoor to download replays from (I think) Telstra. The replays come online 11-12 hours after each game finishes. You download each quarter separately & all games are available gong back several years. I installed the app on my laptop & find the quality perfectly acceptable via my ancient 32" SD TV. I forget who the poster is, but they are legendary in my world.