Watters sacked by Saints - throw another dwarf on the barbie

Can’t believe St Kilda burnt another dwarf!

There was some guy on SEN before claiming the idea to hire dwarves for Mad Monday was as a pisstake on Watters.

In terms of Pelchen, he is often regarded as the guy who turned around Hawthorn with their recruiting.

However didn't he start in 2005? Weren't Roughead, Franklin and Lewis recruited in 2004? He is often credited with their recruitment.

And look at who he did take - Thorpe, Dowler, Muston....

he butchered more top picks than we did over our terrible 5-6 year period.

damn, what a club 

RIP Dermie

The Auckland Saints (controlled by the AFL of course) has a certain ring to it.

In terms of Pelchen, he is often regarded as the guy who turned around Hawthorn with their recruiting.

However didn't he start in 2005? Weren't Roughead, Franklin and Lewis recruited in 2004? He is often credited with their recruitment.

Yep, and Mitchell and Hodge were picked up in 2001. So you could argue their 5 best players were all in place before he got there. They had issues for a long time with a lack of key backs and had to bring over Josh Gibson and Brian Lake to cover Pelchen inability to fix that area through drafting and recruiting (remember when they had to play Tom Murphy as a key defender?)

The Saints were rushed into appointing a coach after Lyon jumped ship without notice, so I reckon it was on the cards from the moment he was given the job.  The timing is the surprising factor.

How many coaches has the likes of Riewoldt seen in his time at St. Kilda?  Must be some kind of a record for a one club player.

Somewhere, Richo just felt a sudden inexplicable urge to laugh uncontrollably...

Couldn't walk the talk.

Sources tell me he is now looking for six mates and a fair maiden.

The Saints were rushed into appointing a coach after Lyon jumped ship without notice, so I reckon it was on the cards from the moment he was given the job.  The timing is the surprising factor. How many coaches has the likes of Riewoldt seen in his time at St. Kilda?  Must be some kind of a record for a one club player.

Somewhere, Richo just felt a sudden inexplicable urge to laugh uncontrollably...

I would have thought some like Dale Weightman would be laughing very loudly as well. The current crop of Saints veterans may not even hold the club record considering both Grant Thomas and Ross Lyon are right up there in terms of games coached for the club.

Maybe as many coaches as Fletcher? He will have had 4 by the time round 1 comes around.

I bet Goodwin gets interviewed. I doubt he would get the gig but are there any decent assistant coaches still available?

Sources tell me he is now looking for six mates and a fair maiden.

He's a Smurf, not a dwarf.

If he were a dwarf they would have set him on fire, then sacked him.

Sources tell me he is now looking for six mates and a fair maiden.

He's a Smurf, not a dwarf.
If he were a dwarf they would have set him on fire, then sacked him.

I guess they did in a way, he was fired.

If anyone cares the presser will be on in a min

Listening to the presser now I am struck by how opinion driven the media seriously are.  They have an opinion of what happened and their questions are directed toward that without any acceptance of the answer given numerous times.  media no longer know how to really ask the right questions, they are far too focused on trying to find a negative issue to drive their articles rather than finding the actual truth and writing about that.

“Loyalty unites us”

Remember when it was all about those two jerks Lyon and Goddard ditching them?

Also d brereton had a HUGE swing at them

Stuff st kilda - my most loathed club