Waving Scarves Initiative

Yep. Kids should be crying. It should make people uncomfortable, Essendon and opposition supporters alike.

7 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s cool and all.
And I can see why the audio is important for that.
But weā€™re talking about fan engagement, kiss the person next to you, and wave your scarf becauseā€¦I dunnoā€¦because itā€™s half time? So thatā€™s a good time to wave your scarf?

If you want to amp up the crowd, show some massive hits on the team weā€™re playing!
Or just us making them look stupid.
At the very worst it makes us feel better about being so far down at half time.

2 Likes

Well, I for one will only wave my scarf above my head when we beat West Coast. Thatā€™s the tradition. Thatā€™s the beauty of beating the Eagles.

Manufacturing a tradition is not the way it works. The rituals develop over time and have always been initiated by the fans, not followed because someone on a loud speaker announced ā€˜hereā€™s a traditionā€™.

9 Likes

i waved my scarf in the last quarter after i gave jobe a standing O after his goal. disappointed that no one joined meā€¦

SUE.ME

2 Likes

I screamed like an idiot when Jobe kicked it and got a high 5 from some random!

2 Likes

Neale Daniher three goals against Carlton and Fitzpatrick pinged for taking too long

3 Likes

But sheeds waved a jacket, not a scarf, why are we waving scarves?

1 Like

Kiss cam? What a joke. If I were at a match, and actually had the guts, Iā€™d flash myself.

3 Likes

Needs more Titanicā€¦

Like this?

1 Like

Soooooo good, I crack up every time that repeats. Shame they cut to the wide camera at the end, I wanted to see the crowd in the background complete the losing of their ā– ā– ā– ā– .

1 Like

It was literrly the only time this year I got out of my seat just to a use an opposition player.

Canā€™t stand Hartlett

1 Like

Agree with the sentiments about waving scarves and ā€˜make a noiseā€™. It doesnā€™t work unless itā€™s spontaneous and minimises the impact when it is. Do we actually expect the club to provide entertainment during the breaks? Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s anything wrong with analysing the game with the person next to you and taking a slash (often at the same time).

Respect to @Catherine_Lio for taking thoughts on board.

2 Likes

Because most have scarves,ā€¦ & very few have jackets??

More people wear pants to the footy than scarves, just sayin

4 Likes

So youā€™re advocating pants off after a win then?! Very stallionesque.

Are we waving them or just wearing them as hats?

2 Likes

I think wear them on your head for the game and then wave them if we have a win.

4 Likes

Turn the farking music down. And as for you gen yā€™s and millennials who cant have 5 minutes down timeā€¦

1 Like

This could be mentally scarring or quite enjoyable, Iā€™m thinking more the former though.

1 Like

The scarf waving is reserved for west coast and only west coast. That is all.

1 Like