We Are The Worst

I don’t think we rebuild now. We’ve gone this far, we have to let it run its course.

The best teams have put together a core group of talented players through the draft, then they add in remaining pieces.
We’ve had our own formula for the last few decades which has made us mediocre. It’ll probably mean we’ll have some pain, but it’s a pain we have to go through. The players need to experience it to see who is willing to do what it takes to stop being so crap.

1 Like

What flavour, Wim?

Fingers crossed it was NOT salt & vinegar.

I’ve only got tickets.

2 Likes

Not a bad point. Some necessary changes have already taken place. More on the way (Worsfold). Must go beyond that, though.

The big one for mine is player psychology; finding out what it takes to get a complete emotional buy-in from the players relating to the the game plan, the coach and each other to ensure the team is mentally switched on.

4 Likes

Respectfully disagree.

Talent and list are important but overrated. The correct environment and frame of mind plays a greater role in making it seem as if club’s have nailed their draft picks.

Should never have had his contract extended. He did a decent job of rallying the club during the saga, but his game plan is near invisible, as in it doesn’t really exist. He has demonstrated just about zero tactical nous over the past 2 seasons, except for his default position, sending Hooker forward.

5 Likes

We Are The Worst Anthem. -By D’Monars (AKA No, no, … pls tell us all more about how shitt we are..)

We are the woooorrrst,

We are Pathetiiiiiic

We all hoped that there’d be brighter days, … but who we kidding??

There’s a Point we’re making, …

We might as well just throw it in

It’s true, there’ll be no better days, let’s have a bleat.

3 Likes

Cool story bro

4 Likes

Tyrell’s cheese for choice.
But they weren’t around back then.

THEY WEREN’T AROUND BACK THEN.

3 Likes

Book mark this thread

We revisit at end of rd 3

Love offseason

1 Like

Loving all these chips references, boomerang boy would be losing it.

5 Likes

I am here for this.

Our culture is soft on and off the field. We over rate our list, sure we had injuries last year but every club has them. We can’t cover injuries, because we rely on talent instead of system. We are ok at drafting, poor at developing and struggle to get the best out of our list.

We couldn’t even pull off the bandaid with this coach that has expired. How soft is that. Instead we have a year of learning and then a new coaching set up.

Clarkson and Buckley took 3-4 years before their blueprint was in place, will we given Rutten until 2024-2025 to yield results?

What happens if we get to 2024 and we realise Rutten can’t coach?

You can tell we will take shortcuts along the way because we are Essendon and we have 16 cups. Rinse and repeat. It’s ok because, Sheedy will call you up about upgrading your membership next year.

4 Likes

DJR:

7 Likes

It might make him come back.

4 Likes

Drafting and trading.
Get the right players the rest takes care of itself.
Our talls stocks are in a bad way. Our mids are not quite good enough. I don’t see a premiership in the current list. I suppose the tigers didn’t see 2 premierships three years ago.

2 Likes

I also plan on being an obnoxious winner too if we ever turn things around.

17 Likes

I am going to be like the best of fans, absent when we’re ■■■■ and lifelong when we’re winning.

ahh ■■■■ it will still be here to meltdown.

1 Like

It’s funny because this entire forum is a heaving hot mess of scornful indignation- I feel like as a supporter group we are peerless in our dedication to provide detailed, relentless and despairing accounts of 'the last 15 (20?) years of decline.

And maybe it’s justified.

2 Likes

l am lifelong, win, lose or draw. lt is easy to support a team when it is wining, but l barrack harder when the team is stuggling, because that is when they need support. They have my support and it is unconditional, until the day l die.

18 Likes