Weight loss

It’s what they call the plateau stage. It can be overcome by eating 6 or 7 small feeds a day.

No really. Just an apple, or a few crackers, a handful of nuts, a tub of yoghurt, you get the picture.

The science behind it says that your metabolism kicks up whenever you eat, and continues for 20 to 30 minutes. By eating small often, your body thinks food is plentiful, & so is more ready to loose fat stores, whereas by going for long periods w/out food, it goes in reverse of that, and hangs onto it, this is what causes the plateau, you are eating less food when you do eat, & your body is saying uh oh, food is getting scarce, need to hang onto the survival pack.

The other thing is, that the apple, or yoghurt etc, is digested in 5 or 10 minutes, but the metabolism keeps up it’s 20 to 30 min regime, and actually burns the fat instead, once it’s done with the snack.

Lost about 35kg in two months

You really don’t want to do it the way i did. Desperately trying to fatten up again

You really only need about 20 - 25 of those kg’s back though Porky.

I’d try to keep them all off. Just get stronger.

Is anybody doing the Run for the Kids on 20 March? I've entered in the creaking geriatrics category. I've done it a few times but not the past couple of years; I'd entered but got injured and couldn't start. This year so far so good. It's 16.5 km approximately and if I'm under 1hr45 I'll be happy. Under 1:40 and I'll be very happy; under 1:35 I'll be ecstatic. It's a good run, but for the likes of me it's a long one. I'll be okay until I get over the Bolte Bridge, but running through Docklands I'll be getting tired and when I get to the bit where I have to run up over the railway tracks in Collins Street from Docklands into the city proper I'll be struggling.

I registered.
I ran last year’s for the first time. Didn’t realise until the Saturday morning before the run that I had lost around 7kg in the 5 days before it (not on purpose) so even though I carb loaded, I struggled through the 15km. I was better prepared for the Puffing Billy Run (which I highly recommend).

As long as my calves hold up, I’m hoping to get around the 1 hr 30 to 1hr 40 mark.

Lost about 35kg in two months

You really don’t want to do it the way i did. Desperately trying to fatten up again

You really only need about 20 - 25 of those kg’s back though Porky.

I’d try to keep them all off. Just get stronger.

Might have to cut out some of those lunches then.

Long weekend at the Port Fairy Folk Festival. Lots of ingestion and digestion. Not much calorie-burning. Result: 1kg gain in 4 days.

But it was worth it.

Speaking of running - anyone doing the puffing billy run? I'll be there giving massages *evil grin*

I will be there as usual…standing at my back fence, drinking beers, smoking durry’s, pointing and laughing.

Speaking of running - anyone doing the puffing billy run?
I’ll be there giving massages evil grin

I will be there as usual…standing at my back fence, drinking beers, smoking durry’s, pointing and laughing.

low carb beers yeah?

Went from 83kg in June last year to 69kg just before Xmas. Back to 72 as I never fully recovered from the festivities.

All I did was change my meal portions and started eating breakfast. I live by myself and anything I cook is generally enough to serve 4 people. So I’d have 2 servers of everything pretty much. I wasn’t eating junk I ate a lot of fish and salad, steak once a week and vegies, chicken and vegies/rice whatever. Cooked up bolognese or stir fry on the weekend. But I just had 2-3 serves of everything. Cut it back to one serve and the weight fell off.

I guess because I don’t drink soft drink or eat chips and stuff like that it wasn’t that hard to make a change. If I feel a bit peckish I’ll have a small handful of almonds. The hardest part was cutting right back on the froffies. Replaced it with vodka but I’ve cut that down too.

With so many losing weight, I think this site needs to be renamed as Blubber Blitz!

Run for the Kids completed successfully. 1:38:31, which makes me very happy.

My feet and legs are sore and I find it difficult to walk down stairs.

OP should give this a crack . . . Lol

OP should give this a crack . . . Lol http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/the-mountain-from-game-of-thrones-reveals-daily-diettraining-plan/news-story/b1885d0dd022074aba89d851d2b071f4

Jeebus.

I have joined a gym to help my weight loss. My weight has crept back up but not as severe as it was (back up to 88kg when I got as low as 80kg) which is annoying but only have myself to blame since I cut out the shakes, but have gotten back on them and getting back into it.

OP should give this a crack . . . Lol http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/the-mountain-from-game-of-thrones-reveals-daily-diettraining-plan/news-story/b1885d0dd022074aba89d851d2b071f4

Jeebus.

I have joined a gym to help my weight loss. My weight has crept back up but not as severe as it was (back up to 88kg when I got as low as 80kg) which is annoying but only have myself to blame since I cut out the shakes, but have gotten back on them and getting back into it.

Good on you SB for getting back into it, good luck.

When I was 40 I was up to 100kg, but then got into veterans road bike racing, went crazy at some points with dieting and got down to 80kg. Had a racing crash, stopped dieting and the weight crept back on slowly.

Since then (about 12 years on on now) I got a very sedentary, long hours job about 3 years ago and slided up to 112kg from around 100kgs.

I’m 6" 1’ and not at all happy when I have seen some recent photos. I got back on the bike a couple of weeks ago (not planning on racing this time) and now have started to get serious about diet and down to 109kg now. Just a matter of keeping it up, but pretty happy that the weight went a little south rather than north over Christmas.

Going to try to ride most mornings before work and work into some interval training to get the motor good enough to tackle some hill climbing and then hopefully mountain climbs (I live in the Yarra Valley not to far from Mt Donna Buang). I will get stuck into the gym in winter (that’s the plan anyway), I will probably need to get a trainer to keep me engaged in the gym.

Trying to eat simple foods, no snacks (although I may keep some nuts handy, as you did/do, just in case I weaken) and emphasise more vegetables and very little sugar and maintain meat and fish.

It is a challenge to maintain a healthy lifestyle, but at my age and with my job, I figure I don’t have a choice if I want to be healthy.

Jeebus.

Good on you SB for getting back into it, good luck.

When I was 40 I was up to 100kg, but then got into veterans road bike racing, went crazy at some points with dieting and got down to 80kg. Had a racing crash, stopped dieting and the weight crept back on slowly.

Since then (about 12 years on on now) I got a very sedentary, long hours job about 3 years ago and slided up to 112kg from around 100kgs.

I’m 6" 1’ and not at all happy when I have seen some recent photos. I got back on the bike a couple of weeks ago (not planning on racing this time) and now have started to get serious about diet and down to 109kg now. Just a matter of keeping it up, but pretty happy that the weight went a little south rather than north over Christmas.

Going to try to ride most mornings before work and work into some interval training to get the motor good enough to tackle some hill climbing and then hopefully mountain climbs (I live in the Yarra Valley not to far from Mt Donna Buang). I will get stuck into the gym in winter (that’s the plan anyway), I will probably need to get a trainer to keep me engaged in the gym.

Trying to eat simple foods, no snacks (although I may keep some nuts handy, as you did/do, just in case I weaken) and emphasise more vegetables and very little sugar and maintain meat and fish.

It is a challenge to maintain a healthy lifestyle, but at my age and with my job, I figure I don’t have a choice if I want to be healthy.

Yeah it is tough. With my job I am on my feet constantly so by the end of the day I could chow down a chicken Parma and glass of coke or a large big mac meal. The biggest thing is the sugar which is hidden in everything so I am trying to cut that back. Some simple things have been just having Soda Water with lemon or Lime has helped me cut back the coke Zero’s which has sweetners instead of sugar.

I am using The MAN Shakes and that has helped. I dont need to be overly active, but the formula they use has added ingredients to help absorb and remove fat and has been designed for men. Doesn’t make me cut out the whole ‘eating food all day’.

Basically:
Breakfast - Shake
Morning tea - chobani yoghurt and apple
Lunch - Shake
Afternoon tea - strawberries
Dinner - meat and vegetables/Salad (meat is usually one of chicken, steak, salmon, lean meat or their MAN pie recipe)
Desert - one of: 4 squares of dark chocolate, blueberries, Paddlepops (yes they are on his program), small scoop of light ice-cream.

Because my work is nut free, I am not allowed anything containing nuts.

The hardest thing with a diet, is not giving into cravings. Tonight I was craving a serving of Lasagna and garlic bread, but I know if I gave in it would lead to giving it all the time.

5-2 diet for nearly 3 years now. It works for me. Works for my parents too, who were trying to lose weight their whole life, and now finally something they can stick to and lost a heap of weight.

5-2 diet for nearly 3 years now. It works for me. Works for my parents too, who were trying to lose weight their whole life, and now finally something they can stick to and lost a heap of weight.

5 days eating 2 fasting?

5 days eating 2 fasting?

That’s the one. 600 calories on the 2 days. Hard at first, but gets easier. The 5 days you can eat and drink what you want.

5 days eating 2 fasting?

Nah. Pig out x 5, calorie control x 2.

5 days eating 2 fasting?

That’s the one. 600 calories on the 2 days. Hard at first, but gets easier. The 5 days you can eat and drink what you want.

IF is the one “diet” where I’m consistently seen people lose/control their weight
I’m slowly building up to the 24hr 1x a week. Once I can do that I’ll look to up my calories and gain weight. Hopefully the fast stops me from getting too fat, gives me a mental break from eating and also control my reflux/heartburn a bit

5 days eating 2 fasting?

IF is the one “diet” where I’m consistently seen people lose/control their weight
I’m slowly building up to the 24hr 1x a week. Once I can do that I’ll look to up my calories and gain weight. Hopefully the fast stops me from getting too fat, gives me a mental break from eating and also control my reflux/heartburn a bit

Are you saying you eat nothing at all for 24 hours straight?