Weight loss

Yea way I figure it

• cereal and toast for breakfast if possible (skim milk) + Coffee

• Piece of fruit for snack

• salad Sandwich if they do it for lunch

• Meat and veg dinner (try to avoid potato)

• no dessert

• plenty of water

I’ll be doing lots of walking so reckon the exercise will be sufficient

2 Likes

Had a birthday treat last night and regretting it today. Feel bloated and horrible.

Medium HSP pack with real lamb chunks (not shaved Donor lamb) and went halves with the missus in a dessert HSP pack (donut fries, brownie pieces, milk chocolate drizzle and ice-cream).

Didnt even finish the lamb hsp or the dessert as I was full. Normally I would have smashed the hsp’s. Still feel full and haven’t eaten today. Ridiculously thirsty. Had 3 glasses of water already and I’ve been up since 6:30am.

feeling a lot better today, maybe it’s the turmeric supplement or maybe strength training.

obviously the turmeric…as if proper training has an effect!

Kinda good as a disincentive to go back to former eating habits.

Did over 20k steps today on day 1 of camp

Breakfast- coffee

Morning tea- Museli bar

Lunch - Steam boats over an open fire (2x sausages, potato scallops, pumpkin and carrot wrapped in alfoil)

Dinner- Pasta (small serve)

4 Likes

Well done. Reckon the steps covered most of the calories.

Cheers. Up and about most of the time. The body is feeling it today though.

Got Canoing this morning

3 Likes

Day 2
Steps: 17k

Breakfast: French toast with 2 rashes of bacon

10 mile canoe ride around lake Narracan

Morning tea: Apple

Lunch: Roast beef roll

4km walk

Afternoon tea: Damper with honey

Dinner: rice and chicken schnitzel

Dessert: mousse with single scoop vanilla ice-cream.

Prob not greatest health wise. But no seconds of anything.

2 Likes

Be kind to yourself. Its not the camp that is the test, it’s how you respond when you’re home. Are you going to commit to going back to what made you healthy or eat more of the same meals as today. You’re allowed cheat meals, just don’t make it a lifestyle.

1 Like

Dude, a ten mile canoe ride is something to reward yourself for. You added a 4k walk on top. That’s even better. You’ve got to remember to feel good about your achievements otherwise it all becomes pointless. You rule SillyBilly

2 Likes

4-5 weeks into the High Protein/ high fat meals.

Feeling really good (perhaps it’s also the sunshine!), dropped 4kg. And I’m so full of energy. Zero bloating. And much healthier stool.

Last night I fried some fish and cut my own chips (cooked in the oven)……Instead of buying it from the shop.

3 Likes

Good work. Are you incorporating exercise or diet only?

20-30 minute walk during lunch, or after work.

But I also meditate 30-40 minutes a day.

1 Like

Steps 15K

Breakfast: Coffee, powdered scrambled eggs, 1x Sausage, 3x bacon, 2 x Toast

Lunch: apple and home made meatball in a small roll

Dinner: Lamb, small serve rice

Dessert: ice-cream with choc topping

Activity:
Mostly walking. Did High rope course.

1 Like

Yea for sure.

My wife was asking how much longer do we want to stick with the program. I said until I get between 73-77kg

1 Like

Man last night and tonight I’ve had bad blow outs in late night junk food.

No idea why. Just opportunity I guess.

I’m gonna get back on gym tomorrow and salad

Brave you are. When I was in the US I had breakfast at diner, ordered an omelette… tasted like someone had mixed cardboard with chalk, obviously made with powdered eggs. It did taste marginally better than the grits that accompanied it though :grin:

Prob only downside is the food at this camp. It’s all bulked cook. The chef could have done sunny side up eggs on the hot plate and placed in trys in the heat bay or whatever it’s called but that could make them rubber bullets. I reckon the food has gone downhill since I was last here in 2018.

I get it’s not all gourmet and you are at camp. I’m not all fussed though as it’s more aboutthe memories you forge being in the now. Some teacher’s here are pretty PO’ed about the food and complaining.

1 Like

Not sure what else to expect at a camp! You’ve got good mindset about it all would be easy to fall into bad habits.