Weird News Tidbits


I'm anti Pro-nography. It's corrupting the world.

For charity though dude. Like the bucket thing,, only better!
I'm with you Vinnie, I was only asking for details so I could report them.
Thanks for bringing it to our attention tinhill... I'll take it from here.

Yep, I've tried to download it all in the hope I can remove it from the internet entirely. Cleaning up the internet one page at a time.

I read about this study where researchers were trying to ascertain whether viewing ■■■■ had a detrimental effect. They decided to compare high school students who had viewed ■■■■ to those who hadn't, unfortunately, they couldn't find any of the latter- true story.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-27/report-finds-1400-children-abused-over-16-years/5699050


Inquiry exposes 1,400 cases of sexual and mental abuse of children in English town of Rotherham

Updated 

19 minutes agoWed 27 Aug 2014, 11:22am

An inquiry has found at least 1,400 children were subjected to appalling sexual exploitation in the town of Rotherham in northern England over a 16-year period.

Conducted by Professor Alexis Jay, the inquiry looked at how Rotherham council's children's services department dealt with cases involving child exploitation between 1997 and 2013.

It outlined rape, trafficking and severe mental and physical abuse involving children as young as 11.

The report, which was commissioned by Rotherham Borough Council, also said authorities refused to acknowledge the abusers were mainly from the town's Pakistani community.

Professor Jay found there was a "collective failure" by both the police and the local council to stop the abuse.

"They were raped by multiple perpetrators, they were trafficked to other towns and cities in the north of England. They were abducted, beaten and intimidated," she said.

"There were examples of children being doused with petrol and threatened with being set alight.

"They were threatened with guns, made to witness brutally violent rapes and threatened they would be the next if they told anyone.

"No-one knows the true scale of child sexual exploitation in Rotherham over the years. Our conservative estimate is that approximately 1,400 children were sexually exploited over the full inquiry period, from 1997 to 2013."

Council leader stands down

Roger Stone, leader of Rotherham's council, announced he would step down effective immediately as an acknowledgement of the historic failings of the council.

"I believe it is only right that as leader I take responsibility for the historic failings described so clearly," Mr Stone said.

The inquiry estimated that a third of the victims were known to police and social services on account of neglect or child protection procedures.

However, the authorities refused to deal with the problems, to believe the victims or arrest the perpetrators, the report said.

The inquiry team noted fears among council staff of being labelled "racist" if they focused on victims' descriptions of the majority of abusers as "Asian" men.

Five men from the town were jailed for sexual offences against girls in 2010, but the report said police "regarded many child victims with contempt"

Car runs over little boy sitting on road, little boy gets up and walks off a little gingerly, car seems to just keep going.

Not sure how it didn't see him in the first place.....and then to just drive away WTF!!!???

 

http://kfor.com/2014/08/25/wow-car-runs-over-boy-boy-walks-away/

"Authorities credit his survival to a few reasons, including his small size and placement between two wheels of the SUV."

 

OH REALLY???????????????????????????????

Whatever happened to swine flu?

It actually went through the HS building on Southbank.

 

So they knew exactly how deadly it wasn't.

 

Didn't stop them writing stories saying the opposite though.

<span style="font-size:24px;">9yo girl accidentally shoots and kills Arizona gun instructor with Uzi</span>

Updated 

 

about an hour agoWed 27 Aug 2014, 4:13pm

A nine-year-old girl accidentally shot and killed a shooting range instructor in Arizona after the recoil on the Uzi submachine-gun she was learning to use sent the weapon over her head.

The instructor, Charles Vacca, 39, was standing next to the girl at an outdoor range when the accident happened on Monday, the Mohave County Sheriff's Office said.

"At about 10:00am, deputies responded to the Last Stop business located at 20606 North Highway 93 in White Hills. Investigations determined a nine-year-old girl accidentally shot the instructor in the head," the sheriff's office said in a statement.

The girl's family was visiting the shooting range while on holiday, the Los Angeles Times reported.

A video released by the sheriff's office shows Mr Vacca helping the girl with her stance and her grip on the gun before she fires a test shot.

"All right," Mr Vacca is heard saying.

The girl fires a few more shots and the weapon appears to tilt to the left before the video abruptly ends.

Mr Vacca was airlifted to a medical centre in Las Vegas, about 100 kilometres away, but died shortly after.

"This is a rarity for something like this to happen," a spokeswoman for the sheriff's office told the Los Angeles Times.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-27/9yo-girl-accidentally-shoots-arizona-gun-instructor-in-head/5700202

Guns don’t kill people, 9 year old girls do.

Darwinism at work

When i first read that I felt very sorry for that little girl.  Imagine growing up knowing you killed someone and watched them die.

 

However I then realised that she already had a bad child-hood because what sort of freaking parent gets a 9 year old child to learn how to use an uzi???!!!

American paranoia, Icey. We need guns because everyone else has guns, and some of them are - be prepared - darkskinned!

9yo girl accidentally shoots and kills Arizona gun instructor with Uzi

Updated 

 

about an hour agoWed 27 Aug 2014, 4:13pm

A nine-year-old girl accidentally shot and killed a shooting range instructor in Arizona after the recoil on the Uzi submachine-gun she was learning to use sent the weapon over her head.

The instructor, Charles Vacca, 39, was standing next to the girl at an outdoor range when the accident happened on Monday, the Mohave County Sheriff's Office said.

"At about 10:00am, deputies responded to the Last Stop business located at 20606 North Highway 93 in White Hills. Investigations determined a nine-year-old girl accidentally shot the instructor in the head," the sheriff's office said in a statement.

The girl's family was visiting the shooting range while on holiday, the Los Angeles Times reported.

A video released by the sheriff's office shows Mr Vacca helping the girl with her stance and her grip on the gun before she fires a test shot.

"All right," Mr Vacca is heard saying.

The girl fires a few more shots and the weapon appears to tilt to the left before the video abruptly ends.

Mr Vacca was airlifted to a medical centre in Las Vegas, about 100 kilometres away, but died shortly after.

"This is a rarity for something like this to happen," a spokeswoman for the sheriff's office told the Los Angeles Times.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-27/9yo-girl-accidentally-shoots-arizona-gun-instructor-in-head/5700202

 

 

HHHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA!

When i first read that I felt very sorry for that little girl.  Imagine growing up knowing you killed someone and watched them die.

 

However I then realised that she already had a bad child-hood because what sort of freaking parent gets a 9 year old child to learn how to use an uzi???!!!

A good case could be made out for child abuse right there. 

When i first read that I felt very sorry for that little girl.  Imagine growing up knowing you killed someone and watched them die.

 

However I then realised that she already had a bad child-hood because what sort of freaking parent gets a 9 year old child to learn how to use an uzi???!!!

 

I agree the young girl will be traumatised and it is a tragic event affecting many lives BUT...

 

I'm not sure why there is such animosity for the parents, they werent teaching her how to use an uzi they were on vacation and went to try it out, its a tourist attraction. Hell if I was a 9 year old I'd love to have a go with an Uzi, it'd be awesome!!!!!!

 

The range instructor should have been in control and is entirely at fault in my opinion given the limited information I have read.

 

To suggest that it is child abuse to allow a child to use a gun is stretching it just a little.

 

(and no I'm not a gun owner)

 

When i first read that I felt very sorry for that little girl.  Imagine growing up knowing you killed someone and watched them die.

 

However I then realised that she already had a bad child-hood because what sort of freaking parent gets a 9 year old child to learn how to use an uzi???!!!

 

I agree the young girl will be traumatised and it is a tragic event affecting many lives BUT...

 

I'm not sure why there is such animosity for the parents, they werent teaching her how to use an uzi they were on vacation and went to try it out, its a tourist attraction. Hell if I was a 9 year old I'd love to have a go with an Uzi, it'd be awesome!!!!!!

 

 

Kids would love to fly a plane by themselves, too. Doesn't mean you should let them.

Legally, the instructor/range is probably liable and will probably have to pay out a lot of money, but I can't help but think letting a grade 3 or 4 kid have an automatic weapon in their hands, let alone loaded, let alone use it in anger is the teensiest bit risky.

 

I don't think we were allowed to walk the dog by ourselves, at that age.

I learnt to shoot around that age. With a single shot air rifle. Slightly different to an Uzi…

Mind you, this was in the day where a shotgun and some shells were kept handy in the hallway cupboard at the farm for snakes etc without a second thought. Firearms were a tool, not a toy and you learnt them very carefully and respectfully. Very different times now, and even so a long way from the idiocy in the States.

"Use it in anger"?

I learnt to shoot around that age. With a single shot air rifle. Slightly different to an Uzi.........

And that there is the difference, an uzi is just not the right thing


I learnt to shoot around that age. With a single shot air rifle. Slightly different to an Uzi.........

And that there is the difference, an uzi is just not the right thing

The choice of weapon is wrong, and imo so to is the mentality of the setting.

As is the mentality of one poster laughing at the death of the instructor.

 

 

When i first read that I felt very sorry for that little girl.  Imagine growing up knowing you killed someone and watched them die.

 

However I then realised that she already had a bad child-hood because what sort of freaking parent gets a 9 year old child to learn how to use an uzi???!!!

 

I agree the young girl will be traumatised and it is a tragic event affecting many lives BUT...

 

I'm not sure why there is such animosity for the parents, they werent teaching her how to use an uzi they were on vacation and went to try it out, its a tourist attraction. Hell if I was a 9 year old I'd love to have a go with an Uzi, it'd be awesome!!!!!!

 

 

Kids would love to fly a plane by themselves, too. Doesn't mean you should let them.

Legally, the instructor/range is probably liable and will probably have to pay out a lot of money, but I can't help but think letting a grade 3 or 4 kid have an automatic weapon in their hands, let alone loaded, let alone use it in anger is the teensiest bit risky.

 

I don't think we were allowed to walk the dog by ourselves, at that age.

 

 

Kids can fly a plane, supervised, just as this girl was supervised at the range, the instructor should have assessed the risk and mitigated it by either putting in place proper protection or not allowing a person of that age to fire that type of weapon. To suggest the parents of the girl are responsible is IMO ridiculous.

 

Use it in anger???? She just popped off a few rounds down a range, hardly used in anger.

 

There is a huge gap between the gun teetotallers in Aust and the Gung Ho mentality in the US, I would hope there is a sensible middle ground somewhere in between that can be reached one day but I doubt it.